New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m through talking about this.  It makes me feel bad.  I will say that I feel very badly for this young man.  I think he’s been failed and most likely manipulated, on many levels.  I will pray for him. 🙏

yup

i'm hearing more and more on the back end that really has me shaking my head. if even 60% of this is confirmed, i feel bad for 3 people...and they don't work for YEA

worse....can you imagine this poor kid now, out on tour? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, garfield said:

The author's accusation that Cadets held off beginning an investigation until after they were removed from probation is spurious at least, and borders on leading to libelous defamation at worst.

Completely agree... 

14 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It does seem odd that the kid would want to march there again after what allegedly happened.  

14 hours ago, George Dixon said:

the kid got cut and then the story evolved

clearly they were delighted with the response or the minor child would not have been trying out for the 2019 edition of the Cadets

ya think?

Well not really. 

Lets say as an example comparison hazing in a corps. For the sake of a discussion - say the hazing is pretty bad and some sexually humiliating, physical abuse or assault has happened to a marching member. A large number of those Members will return the following year to march. 

But he auditioned for two other corps, was cut, went BACK to Cadets, was cut, now is with Denver.  

Where does it say that?

(I only see he was cut from Cadets, after which he then got offers from three other corps.)

• Like 1

It’s all very strange. Why would the kid ever go back to Cadets? I doubt that I’d ever want to march again.  And if I were the parents, I’d say your drum corps days over.  But he auditioned for two other corps, was cut, went BACK to Cadets, was cut, now is with Denver.  All after suffering from PTSD from being the victim of sexual battery.

PTSD is so overused these days. 

15 minutes ago, garfield said:

The author's accusation that Cadets held off beginning an investigation until after they were removed from probation is spurious at least, and borders on leading to libelous defamation at worst.

I agree. Right on that edge.

13 minutes ago, E3D said:

Well not really. 

Lets say as an example comparison hazing in a corps. For the sake of a discussion - say the hazing is pretty bad and some sexually humiliating, physical abuse or assault has happened to a marching member. A large number of those Members will return the following year to march. 

The difference is the issue was reported, the parent and guardian were aware of the issue. The must have been comfortable with how the Cadets handlers things originally in order to allow the member to audition again. It is only after he was cut that all the parent/guardian raised issues.