Is smoking still allowed on tour?

11 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Most schools also have a road nearby that if you cross, you're off the grounds and can smoke freely. Or just step onto the sidewalk along said road. Lol.

Absolutely true, of course. Do corps permit members to leave the property of their housing site? In the scholastic band world I have been involved with for decades, we never let members leave the property if we were on the road, as the school/staff is responsible for the safety of all the students. Corps may operate differently.

10 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

DCA not DCI I know, but didn't Minnesota Brass's circus show just three years ago feature a ringmaster character puffing on an e-cigar?

Smoking is stupid, along with anything that portrays it. The portrayal of smoking might be worse because of the visual influence. YMMV

Off topic. lets discuss your avatar. Why not go back and use the Mueller photo? Lolllllls epic fail. :lol::offtopic:

• Confused 1

Just now, MikeD said:

Absolutely true, of course. Do corps permit members to leave the property of their housing site? In the scholastic band world I have been involved with for decades, we never let members leave the property if we were on the road, as the school/staff is responsible for the safety of all the students. Corps may operate differently.

I mean, I don't see where stepping onto the sidewalk that surrounds the facility would be considered leaving the housing site. That's just me personally though.

Man, if smoking had been banned when I marched, half the corps I marched with would have been half their size!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, E3D said:

Off topic. lets discuss your avatar. Why not go back and use the Mueller photo? Lolllllls epic fail. :lol::offtopic:

Do not forsake me, oh my darling, on this, our wedding day.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, E3D said:

Also, no.

14 minutes ago, E3D said:

Smoking is stupid, along with anything that portrays it. The portrayal of smoking might be worse because of the visual influence. YMMV

Haven't corps also portrayed drinking from time to time?

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Haven't corps also portrayed drinking from time to time?

Probably so. Alcohol is the devils work. :lol:

11 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Do not forsake me, oh my darling, on this, our wedding day.

I will get holynola to post his sleeping POTUS meme for you! Haha.