Post ATLANTA Finals Predictions

My heart says Bluecoats, but my head says Blue Devils. Santa Clara is intriguing to me. Despite some design issues they have hung around. Their music ensemble is just so darn strong. They are still in the race despite all the talk being about BD and Bloo.  I love Boston's overall show. Feel it's top 3 worthy, but not sure they will hit that mark. They could be a dark horse for 3 or 4 if they can lay down a clean performance. But SCV is too strong for anyone below them to take on their strengths. Heck, BD and Bloo (with better designs) are still looking over their shoulder at a super strong Vanguard.  

In the end, we the fans win with such an enjoyable and competitive race for every spot in the top 12.

In the end, I say BD wins quarters, Bloo wins semis and finals. 🙂

• Like 6

2 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

ok,  I'll play (with trepidation): 

2 Weeks is a loooong time from now and it is soooon.  I'm guessing everyone will be on their game.

Good Luck to all.

1 Bluecoats
2 BD
3 SCV
4 Boston
5 Crown
6 Cavies
7 Blue Knights
8 Blue Stars
9 Mandarins
10 Crossmen
11 Cadets
12 Phantom
Percussion - SCV
Brass - Crown
Guard - Boston
GE - Bluecoats
Visual - Blue Devils

This makes far more sense to me than Georgie’s 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SCV would have to start pulling some top 2 GE numbers to think they have a shot at winning.  They were 3rd across the board in content and almost all achievement captions the last two nights.  If something clicks with the show or the judges though........they would surge into the conversation.  

25 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

This makes far more sense to me than Georgie’s 

I based mine if the content rep scores

why does this make more sense - curious?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

My heart says Bluecoats, but my head says Blue Devils. Santa Clara is intriguing to me. Despite some design issues they have hung around. Their music ensemble is just so darn strong. They are still in the race despite all the talk being about BD and Bloo.  I love Boston's overall show. Feel it's top 3 worthy, but not sure they will hit that mark. They could be a dark horse for 3 or 4 if they can lay down a clean performance. But SCV is too strong for anyone below them to take on their strengths. Heck, BD and Bloo (with better designs) are still looking over their shoulder at a super strong Vanguard.  

In the end, we the fans win with such an enjoyable and competitive race for every spot in the top 12.

In the end, I say BD wins quarters, Bloo wins semis and finals. 🙂

I like both and both are really strong shows. I have talked about ties as a possibility in other threads.

What if BD and Bloo tie for "Gold"?     It's happened in the past

1 Bluecoats
2 BD
3 SCV
4 Boston
5 Crown
6 Cavies
7 Blue Stars
8 Blue Knights
9 Mandarins
10 Crossmen
11 Cadets
12 Phantom

Percussion - SCV
Brass - Crown
Guard - Boston
GE - Bluecoats
Visual - Blue Devils

Dare I say it, but the odds of a tie among two of the top three are relatively high. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Doesn't higher GE score break tie?

Normally I would say yes. But there is only 2.25 difference from last night. I know BD and 18 time World Champs says it all. They know how to win and they are not done yet.

Post ATLANTA Finals Predictions - Why is BD so low in Percussion?

Percussion seems to be BD's weak link and I have not seen ScoJo around. When I attended BD Family Day they said that Scott Johnson was in Japan doing something for the Blue Devils.

His second in command and the Front Ensemble guy have been guiding the corps along as BD has been competing. This is their "Achilles Heel" this year. I would expect their percussion scores to be up with SCV.