East Housing Sites

3 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

Looks like I didn't read all of the Facebook Post.  Here is the Crossmen schedule:

Tuesday, 7/30- driving from the Salem, VA show to Kennett HS (Kennett Square, PA)

[Note:  they are in the Chester show and this isn't a bad drive to there]

The corps will be at Kennett HS until after breakfast on Thursday morning, 8/1.

Thursday, 8/1- after breakfast the corps will move to Coatesville HS  and will rehearse there until leaving for the show in Allentown on Saturday, 8/3.

[Note:  While not super-close, Coatesville is closer than Kennett Square]

After the Allentown show, the corps will house at Trexler MS in Allentown and then attend the banquet on Sunday, 8/4 before heading to Akron, OH for a show on Monday, 8/5.

Trexler used to be Crown's favorite A-town hangout. Maybe some of it will rub off.

44 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Trexler used to be Crown's favorite A-town hangout. Maybe some of it will rub off.

Lol favorite is not exactly the right word to describe it.  But it certainly became part of the Crown Tour Experience.  

Getting a few hundred fans watching rehearsal was pretty cool.  CrownBrass in the amphitheater was amazing.  The showers:

tiwqm3h.jpg

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, KRtrumpet182 said:

Boston Crusaders will be rehearsing at Franklin Field on the campus of my alma mater, the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Looks like just Wednesday 7/31, not for the weekend. 

I remember us driving around Philly in '75 trying to find Franklin Field DCI prelims morning. Pulling into a gas station for directions.

"Hey, where do we find Franklin Field?"

"It's only the biggest GD building in all of PA ya dang hilllbilly punk-a**es. Look up!"

The City of Brotherly Love. Ah. :thumbup:

• Haha 5

If I recall , Trexler Middle School was the home of Boston Crusaders for many years.  Crown regularly used Raub Middle School which is closest to Crum Stadium, across Hamilton Blvd. and up the hill from the Amphitheater. The Principal at Trexler during the ‘Boston years’ is now Mayor of Allentown. Great guy!

• Like 1

Cavaliers will be back in Virginia on Thursday (Rock Ridge High School Ashburn) before they head for Allentown on Saturday.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

If I recall , Trexler Middle School was the home of Boston Crusaders for many years.  Crown regularly used Raub Middle School which is closest to Crum Stadium, across Hamilton Blvd. and up the hill from the Amphitheater. The Principal at Trexler during the ‘Boston years’ is now Mayor of Allentown. Great guy!

Oops you're right. It was named Raub but X and I were clearly talking about the same place.  Is Trexler the school with the pedestrian bridge to the fields?