Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

Love this show.  Blue Knights programs bring out an emotional response from me that no other corps does.  It's hard to describe.

• Like 5

Mush! Mush!  Blue Stars taking the field.  

That is not Burl Ives narrating....

• Haha 2

P.S.  I want one of those tree props for a Christmas tree in the house.

• Haha 1

Ah -- thar's snow on them there hills, now.

Nice!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mountain props look like the Coors beer cans, but that'd be BK's thing.

Blue Stars brass has such a distinctively nice sound.  

• Haha 1

Nice to see the mountain painted.

TIhQ9p1.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

In my high school days, we....

Marched an infamous rain soaked prelims show for a BOA show in Terre Haute.  Then a chilly evening show in sodden woolen uniforms that'd been hanging in the school busses with us.  

Mass evacuated the parking lot during rehearsal as the tornado sirens went off and the sky went green....twice. (my sister did it once during her four years before me).  Welcome to rehearsal in Indiana.

Learned drill with the ground thudding from artillery and explosions in a munitions field just past the woods next to our practice field (good ole Trafalgar!) 

Marched a show in freak snow showers (the kind that happen when it's still sort of warmish out but colder way up).

Good times. 

Oh, we also used the balloon thing for learning breath control.

In ‘94, Regiment had a show where the busses had to park about a mile from the stadium. After retreat, we formed up a block and started marching through the neighborhood. The streets were almost pitch black and it started pouring on us—just unloaded.

Since it was around midnight, it was just us out there, only illuminated by the occasional flash of lightning. I always like to imagine someone peaking through their curtains to get a look at the storm, seeing a flash of lightning...and the Phantom Regiment, marching by in complete silence, during a raging storm. (“What the...”[peeks back out. nothing but rain] “Must’ve been my imagination...”)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1