DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

So, is our Goliath on stilts 9 feet tall as well?

Just now, KVG_DC said:

And the puzzled look on Mike's last night when Steve Rondinaro asked him, "Now, what is it that the drums do?"    Several people in my theater actually laughed audibly,.

Watching his wheels spin as he tried to find a way to answer the question without saying something even dumber was priceless.

Love the soloists on the Plinko boards, then this great echo effect off the back side.

1 minute ago, hostrauser said:

There was so much more MARCHING in 2005.

There's a heck of a lot more MOVEMENT now. Every corps, every kid... they barely stop moving. There are no down moments where you're not contributing musically or visually.

You’re right. I stand corrected. There’s more movement. Knee bends, footy kicks, butt poses. Way more difficult stuff.

Back in the GET OFF MY LAWN days, the 1985 Garfield Cadets marched a 12 min 38 sec show. Guess how many times the full corps came to a complete stop? 8. EIGHT! I know, I know. Where were the deep knee bends? Old school crap. Right?

Just now, Lance said:

most annoying narration this year

Disagree entirely 🙂

• Like 4

Solo rifle in front of the drum line during the Everybody Wants To Rule The World intro. How high WAS that toss? He nailed it!

• Like 3