Madison Scouts 2020

42 minutes ago, weedyweidenthal said:

It couldn't be more obvious that you know next to nothing about the inner workings of the Madison Scouts and the directors from this statement. Perception is reality I suppose. It's sad that so many people like yourself would rather advance falsehoods than actually take the time to get real information. 

Please.  What I said was spot on.  It almost like they are running for DCI political office if such a thing existed.  I just hope they get better and not just get points for being coed.  Time will tell when we see what they put on the field.

2 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Please.  What I said was spot on.  It almost like they are running for DCI political office if such a thing existed.  I just hope they get better and not just get points for being coed.  Time will tell when we see what they put on the field.

Nah, you’re dead wrong but you don’t want to actually get facts and discover that to be true. You want to hide behind a screen name speculating about a youth activity and make statements like this that are detrimental to the organization because you enjoy the controversy... otherwise, you would seek first hand information. What a pathetic way to live.

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I think this counts as real information:

2019 - 17th place

2018 - 16th place

2017 - 12th place (!)

2016 - 13th place

I boldly claim not being coed had nothing to do with this recent placement record. I will further claim the move to coed was motivated by the need to *do something* to attempt to distract attention from Chris and Dann’s performance, which is unacceptable (my opinion).  “Discriminatory” is just the B.S. bow they wrapped it in.  The all male membership was no more discriminatory than all brass is for DCI.

I don’t think anybody involved in the organization is pleased with the competitive results, but that is a different discussion (that is certainly worth having) from what is being spouted here.

1 minute ago, weedyweidenthal said:

I don’t think anybody involved in the organization is pleased with the competitive results, but that is a different discussion (that is certainly worth having) from what is being spouted here.

3 minutes ago, weedyweidenthal said:

Nah, you’re dead wrong but you don’t want to actually get facts and discover that to be true. You want to hide behind a screen name speculating about a youth activity and make statements like this that are detrimental to the organization because you enjoy the controversy... otherwise, you would seek first hand information. What a pathetic way to live.

Right.  Because what I have said is just so awful.  Being offended at everyone that lives in reality is more pathetic one would think.  Frankly, the fact you are so defensive about everything confirms my fears and suspicions even more.  Human nature and all that.

2 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Right.  Because what I have said is just so awful.  Being offended at everyone that lives in reality is more pathetic one would think.  Frankly, the fact you are so defensive about everything confirms my fears and suspicions even more.  Human nature and all that.

Yes, I would say that making the claim that the Scouts were looking to put a female drum major in place to make a statement is a terrible thing to say when you consider that it discredits the abilities of those young women to effectively do their job within the corps. Yes, I'm defensive about these kids because I want to see them have a positive experience and walk out of this as better people for having done so and your posts are detrimental to that cause. You also clearly don't know what Dann is all about and the importance that he places on having a positive impact on these young adults. No, I'm not at all offended. I'm disappointed that someone could be so adamantly wrong about something and not realize the negative consequences of your words. 

2 minutes ago, weedyweidenthal said:

Yes, I would say that making the claim that the Scouts were looking to put a female drum major in place to make a statement is a terrible thing to say when you consider that it discredits the abilities of those young women to effectively do their job within the corps. Yes, I'm defensive about these kids because I want to see them have a positive experience and walk out of this as better people for having done so and your posts are detrimental to that cause. You also clearly don't know what Dann is all about and the importance that he places on having a positive impact on these young adults. No, I'm not at all offended. I'm disappointed that someone could be so adamantly wrong about something and not realize the negative consequences of your words. 

Hey, when an organization makes a huge leap like this and is trying to prove to everyone and itself, you bet its a bit suspicious.  This literally has NOTHING to do with abilities or skills but perception.  Think of me like Ricky Gervais calling it out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weedyweidenthal said:

It couldn't be more obvious that you know next to nothing about the inner workings of the Madison Scouts and the directors from this statement. Perception is reality I suppose. It's sad that so many people like yourself would rather advance falsehoods than actually take the time to get real information. 

Are you then saying, that by design any organization that has parameters is discriminatory policies? Honest question here, did you participate in Greek life in college? I did not, but would then say that the whole fraternity/sorority concept is discriminatory? Is DCI discriminatory due to their age limits? I actually have zero issue with the corps going coed, but the notion that for 81 The corps was discriminatory, which seems to be something you may believe by stating that being all-male was discriminatory seems like a stretch to me.

Edited by tesmusic

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I think this counts as real information:

2019 - 17th place

2018 - 16th place

2017 - 12th place (!)

2016 - 13th place

I boldly claim not being coed had nothing to do with this recent placement record. I will further claim the move to coed was motivated by the need to *do something* to attempt to distract attention from Chris and Dann’s performance, which is unacceptable (my opinion).  “Discriminatory” is just the B.S. bow they wrapped it in.  The all male membership was no more discriminatory than all brass is for DCI.

Correct, on all counts. The lack of competitive success had NOTHING to do with gender policies. It lies on inept leadership, and the lack of those leaders to put together, and retain a quality staff and veteran members. 

Certainly going coed opens up the ranks to more talent on the surface, but if you take a show like 2018, and they had been coed, the corps still would not have faired well in competition, for example. 

What should have happened years ago, was the board/admin doing a more effective job, plain and simple.

3 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

I could have bet the house the drum major this year was going to be female.  Let's be honest, the Scouts made this decision to stop people pointing at the dumpster fire that really nothing to do with being all male or coed.

Totally agree. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The Madison Scouts would’ve never adopted the all inclusive, non discrimination female policy if they were consistently in the top twelve. To even place a slight blame on the “all male” aspect is ridiculous. All the females in DCI couldnt have fixed the show designs from the past few seasons.