Staff merry-go-round

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Sounds like bad leadership in my opinion. If you are the leader of an organization and getting hot and bothered by anonymous comments on the internet, then you aren't focusing enough on your own job. Now if the comments are becoming big enough that they are affecting business/the bottom line, then I do think it's appropriate to comment on them

And regardless, the internet has quite a wide variety of people and niches, hard to pinpoint what exactly is being referred to. 

See here.

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

I think “so called” may be the most accurate description. I have been amazed at some of what I have seen in Facebook this summer, both the DCP FB page and FB Drum Corps page. Absolutely clueless. Threads such as when did amplification come to play? Why are “xylophones and tympanis no longer carried? Yesterday there was a question about when the number of corps decreased as if it happened last summer.  Where have these people been? They complain about all sorts of crazy things. Where they have not been would be shows. This is why I say what I have been saying for years. Before you complain, show ticket stubs, credit card receipts or cancelled checks to prove you support drum corps, prove you marched or volunteered recently or helped a young person march, and then make critiques. 

exactly. The biggest troll on here right now posting comments about Cadets staffing hearsay isn't even much of a Cadets "fan" - he's a DCA guy annoyed Cadets parted ways with Bobby Jones apparently. 

unfortunately a lot of these "fans" buy one show ticket a summer and then spend the other 364 days complaining

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

Don’t forget electronics and props

that is for the legacy fans I'm talking about - complain and rumor mill 24/6.9999999

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

No I am 

admitting the problme is half the battle🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Sounds like bad leadership in my opinion. If you are the leader of an organization and getting hot and bothered by anonymous comments on the internet, then you aren't focusing enough on your own job. Now if the comments are becoming big enough that they are affecting business/the bottom line, then I do think it's appropriate to comment on them

And regardless, the internet has quite a wide variety of people and niches, hard to pinpoint what exactly is being referred to. 

oh they weren't anonymous

On 8/12/2019 at 6:32 AM, Tad_MMA said:

I’m curious re an old guard staff change in Cadets from ‘88 to ‘89. The ‘88 Guard was 11th in Semis, 9th in Finals. April G. became Caption Head in ‘89, and they won best guard. Did she (they?) replace the staff from ‘87/‘88? ‘87’s Guard is probably the worst on a winning corps (a gift of 7th place) and we’re lucky that the 100 pts. didn’t include guard. How were they able to turn that around so fast?

Greg Lagola!  Still working his magic at Bluecoats.

• Like 2