Staff merry-go-round

19 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Oh please. Stop infantilizing those who march in these top DCI corps. They do not require your or anyone else’s protection when it comes to rumors they’ve most likely been hearing about long before this thread was created, long before the season even ended.

The biggest issue with drum corps is some of the so called fans 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The difference is: you can choose to be better (or not) than the fans of other activities.

Except discussing rumors of staff changes in no way makes someone less 'better'. 

It's part of any public-facing competitive activity and completely fine for people to discuss rumors of changes in any of them.

It's just band people....if it goes away tomorrow the world will continue to spin and no one will die.

If you honestly think that the greater drum corps community gives a rip about what people post on DCP you are delusional. I know some of you on here like to pretend to "be in the know" and that you "have connections" whatever....its band, quit acting like this is so serious and acting like the world is going to end because someone posted that so and so's staff got axed.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

If you honestly think that the greater drum corps community gives a rip about what people post on DCP you are delusional.

I seem to remember the president of one drum corps circuit complaining last year in public at championships about comments on the internet.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

I know some of you on here like to pretend to "be in the know" and that you "have connections" whatever....

And some people here really are "in the know", at least about some internal deliberations in some groups.

(I am not one of them.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

Is it rumor if the staff member themself posts it?

only if they don't attribute the news as coming from themselves

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

that i agree with. the problem is those fans aren't always who you think they are.

13 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I seem to remember the president of one drum corps circuit complaining last year in public at championships about comments on the internet.

well, it wasn't just comments on here. it was DCP, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram...and more came from members and staff of the corps themselves. 

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Are they deplorable?

• Haha 1