Staff merry-go-round

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Another who apparently doesn’t get it

the corps get to announce their changes and staff when they want - spreading rumors and hearsay is very unsupportive  for people who call themselves “fans” 

DUDE BRAH. 

I was being a bit over the top silly with my reply to the post.  Sorry to cause you pain. 

I don't think anyone is really taking that post you mention seriously. Well at least I am not. But I enjoy message boards for the very reason of rumors and nonsense. I get your point though. 

Edited by E3D
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, E3D said:

DUDE BRAH. 

I was being a bit over the top silly with my reply to the post.  Sorry to cause you...

Zero idea if you were joking or not 

a bunch of us are a little tired of that same poster stirring the pot 

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Zero idea if you were joking or not 

a bunch of us are a little tired of that same poster stirring the pot 

I think most are ignoring it. I should not have quoted it, as I read your post later in the thread. 

• Like 1

Very surprised to hear Ward stepping down. I've known Ward for a long time dating back to our Auburn band days. 

I have to admit, Ward did so much better in the DCI world than I ever imagined he would. He was a purely symphonic guy that dabbled a bit with marching bands. But he had zero experience with anything drum corps.

As a Scouts alum and a friend of Ward, I wouldn't mind him leading the brass at all.

3 minutes ago, swmstom said:

Very surprised to hear Ward stepping down. I've known Ward for a long time dating back to our Auburn band days. 

I have to admit, Ward did so much better in the DCI world than I ever imagined he would. He was a purely symphonic guy that dabbled a bit with marching bands. But he had zero experience with anything drum corps.

As a Scouts alum and a friend of Ward, I wouldn't mind him leading the brass at all.

Very well indeed 

Edited by George Dixon

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

why isn't this rumor spammer banned yet?

did anyone hit report?

55 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

the corps get to announce their changes and staff when they want - spreading rumors and hearsay is very unsupportive  for people who call themselves “fans” - particularly in the case of the Cadets who have been thru plenty the past 18 months 

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

• Haha 8

I heard Lebron was going back to the Cavaliers and that Stabler was going to be the ED of the Raiders. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

the corps get to announce their changes and staff when they want - spreading rumors and hearsay is very unsupportive  for people who call themselves “fans” - particularly in the case of the Cadets who have been thru plenty the past 18 months 

Drum corps is no different than any other sport in that people follow staff changes and those staff changes often come out well before the official announcement. I'm seeing all of those regularly as a fan of college sports. and its no different in drum corps. It seems like you're the one who doesn't get it.  

Oh, and its fun to attack people who post rumors without naming their sources, but the fun thing about sources is that people who name their sources quickly find themselves without sources 

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AlexL said:

Drum corps is no different than any other sport in that people follow staff changes and those staff changes often come out well before the official announcement. I'm seeing all of those regularly as a fan of college sports. and its no different in drum corps. It seems like you're the one who doesn't get it.  

Whatever dude

i get it and you don’t 

these are non profit youth organizations and folks posting rumors about this person or that team being fired can be damaging and embarrassing - not to mention upsetting to the youth marching under these folks

• Like 1