Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

2018 was the first of the two Williamsport years.

The downtown there was great. Perfect for the I&E stuff. The stadium... not so much. 

ah, guess I misunderstood Jeff's statement

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dbriggs said:

was 17 first yr in Wmsport? how many didn't return after finding out the stadium faced the sun and, without railings and the bleacher rows so close together, was a deathtrap and didn't return?

18 and 19

7 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Yep. And they pool it for big purchases.

Recently, an Amish man bought an auction property in our area. Paid nearly $2 million for it. In cash. 

my mother in laws property...100 acres...is surrounded by Amish. she is constantly being asked if she wants to sell. my need for property in Dewey beach has me encouraging her LOL

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

my mother in laws property...100 acres...is surrounded by Amish. she is constantly being asked if she wants to sell. my need for property in Dewey beach has me encouraging her LOL

Future farmland and homestead for next generation I take it. Found a plain people community in the Shenandoah Valley near Harrisonburg (James Madison Univ). Getting harder and harder to find space…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Future farmland and homestead for next generation I take it. Found a plain people community in the Shenandoah Valley near Harrisonburg (James Madison Univ). Getting harder and harder to find space…

farm thats been in the family for over 100 years....but....owning 100 acres an hour away doesnt have much appeal

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

farm thats been in the family for over 100 years....but....owning 100 acres an hour away doesnt have much appeal

Yep, only option other than let it sit is to rent it out to someone. Knew someone who looked into renting out 25 or so acres they had next to a neighbor. After looking into legalities they told the neighbor “bleep it, let’s trade use of the acreage for you plowing our lane in the winter”. 

On 8/19/2022 at 11:44 AM, dbriggs said:

ah, guess I misunderstood Jeff's statement

No problem.... I misunderstand most stuff from most people!!! 😂

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

BITD Senior corps would try to recruit junior corps members for the last couple of weeks. One corps actively went after a corps I was with after 1972. We lost about 8-10 members and all were talented musicians. Thus began our corps "rebuilding." Once I was the veteran member at 16 I was approached and said 'No thank you."

On 8/29/2022 at 7:39 AM, Keith Hall said:

BITD Senior corps would try to recruit junior corps members for the last couple of weeks. One corps actively went after a corps I was with after 1972. We lost about 8-10 members and all were talented musicians. Thus began our corps "rebuilding." Once I was the veteran member at 16 I was approached and said 'No thank you."

I know of several junior corps members that are filling spots for various all age corps.

• Like 1