Designer commentary

I’m not answering your question, and I’m sure you don’t need a snarky comment, but I can’t help myself.

When “show designers” have to make YouTube videos to explain what we’re seeing......it sums up the state of modern drum corps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I’m not answering your question, and I’m sure you don’t need a snarky comment, but I can’t help myself.

When “show designers” have to make YouTube videos to explain what we’re seeing......it sums up the state of modern drum corps. 

Modern Drum Corps? I remember way back in the 70s corps did hand outs into the audience. Cadets and PR come to mind

• Like 3

7 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

i would say every show in finals this year made sense to me. I just like getting a deeper look, and seeing things I missed

Agree with you for the most part, but I also really enjoy watching BD360 all summer. They really know how to dissect each BD show and explain exactly what each section of the corps is trying to do and what the show is all about.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, denmum said:

Agree with you for the most part, but I also really enjoy watching BD360 all summer. They really know how to dissect each BD show and explain exactly what each section of the corps is trying to do and what the show is all about.

Haven’t watched many of the videos corps put out.  What are the chances the BD really want the judges to take a look to understand better the subtle things they have in most of their shows?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

Haven’t watched many of the videos corps put out.  What are the chances the BD really want the judges to take a look to understand better the subtle things they have in most of their shows?

You seem to be jumping to conclusions that are somewhat unfounded. It seems like maybe you are not using your brain-but that is just my opinion. Let's say "the judges" watch BD360 and then fail to see those "subtle things" on the field a week later-so they can't give BD maximum credit. Or, they don't watch BD360 and a week later they see a well DESIGNED show that is performed very well due to proper prior planning-so they give BD maximum credit. Seems like it could work both ways.