2020 Rules Proposals

7 hours ago, garfield said:

Don't know.  But someone better tell her that she forgot to sign the Proposal Form.  That, apparently and according to prior posts, is a big thing.

If anyone in the room actually cares 

7 hours ago, garfield said:

Oh, and Marie Czapinski didn't even submit an official Proposal form.  Hmmm...

By earlier reasoning, it's likely to be tabled for two years until she learns the proper procedure.

/s  lots of it.

I’m sure she’ll take it out on Cavies 

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

And which organization(s) stands up and says NO! we’re not going to do that. What happens to them? 

Buhbye 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Designers, staff, costume, flag, props and instrument manufacturers are all driving the individual organization budgets. All in the name of providing more inclusion and member experience. Doesn’t take much to figure out who stands to benefit. 

How many former directors now work for suppliers/vendors/manufacturers? It’s the drum corps version of political lobbying 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, garfield said:

What in the world would I have to be hiding in any of this?  I'm just asking for some rationality in looking at these proposals!  All this tin-foil hat stuff...  You're right, Poppycock is certainly entitled to state his opinion but I'm also entitled to call out BS when I believe I'm seeing it.  I won't disagree that you find some of his posts "insightful" or "reasonable" - that's YOUR opinion - but, on this one, I think he's crafting reasons to foment distrust in what DCI does and assigning meaning to what is really only his negative speculation on ulterior motives.  DCI can document committees and meetings and processes and SME's but, still, the opinion is that there's some nefarious alter-reason and any call out of BS is taken as an intent to hide some made up truth.

Presume Positive Intent.  Start with that.  Presume the SME's are there for a reason, given deference and respect, and actions were developed after consideration of their, and other, input.

To ask such is not evidence of a cover up.

Respect is earned 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, garfield said:

I'm sorry, but this sounds like stuff from a grade school recess.

You're making contentions that DCI's proposals (I presume many, if not all) are motivated by career and financial gain of adults in the activity and the burden of proof lies with you, not with me when I call BS.  Until you do that, I can call it a BS contention and dismiss it out of hand, which is what I've done.

Hitchens

:bleah: (na, na na, na na, nahhhh)

Yet it’s been discussed privately by many some of this was coming. I know I’ve received messages.... but I haven’t divulged who from.

So assuming this passes.

How do you think your corps will use the any instruments rule?

1 hour ago, Scooter Pirtle said:

Ironic to think that DCI went on the record in 1975 permanently opposing the adoption of three valve bugles! (Drum Corps News inadvertently left out the word “valved” in its article): 

Permanentlyopposed.jpg

Irony is on the DCA side Hy Dreitzer said he didn’t care if they went to 6 valves as long as they stayed in G.

And IIRC 2 valves were in use 1979

Edited by JimF-LowBari