"THEY'RE ALWAYS READY!!!"

Why is there always some idiot who shouts, 'THEY'RE ALWAYS READY!!!" when Brandt Crocker asks is the corps is ready?  Even worse, why are there people who actually laugh when someone shouts that???

• Haha 1

I'm only guessing, but I think it goes back to the early recordings of drum corps where people knew they'd be forever immortalized on wax ..That and an overzealous parent or two..imo..peace

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skeletor '96 said:

Why is there always some idiot who shouts, 'THEY'RE ALWAYS READY!!!" when Brandt Crocker asks is the corps is ready?  Even worse, why are there people who actually laugh when someone shouts that???

I told BigW and some of the other folks on the DCA side a few years back that I was going to try to convince Britt to scream it during SOA's intro in Atlanta in 2018. It was her first drum corps show and I thought it would be funny. Unfortunately, they serve beer at the stadium literally every 22.5 feet so getting her to do anything other then comment loudly on random things like props was nearly impossible. I think Waliman is probably exactly right. Just because it made me laugh to read this post, here are some of the "first DCI experience" questions that I got that year (taken from my post in '18):

Things my girlfriend said to me at DCI South this year (her first DCI show) that made me laugh:

"You keep saying things like 'balls clean' and 'p**s clean.' None of those sound clean to me. Why don't all you drum people say like...'Brita Clean' or something?"

"Why do they keep saying "dut, dut, dut?" (She then proceeded to say dut, dut, dut very loudly while jutting her head forward like a rooster clucking)

"It's summer and all of these people are wearing jackets. Like, who wears a jacket in the summer? Wait a minute...you're wearing a jacket too! What the h**l man?!?!" (referring to corps jackets)

"I found my favorite corps thingy!! They're from Denver and I'm from Denver! I'm buying all of their souvies on your debit card. I hope they win." (This is before she had even heard BK play)

"They serve beer at this stadium?!?! How do I not know about this drum corps thing?"

"I played clarinet in high school....this seems a little more....advanced."

"So an entire corps was in the bathroom changing....."

"I just noticed that all of you drum people look like your hands got run over by a truck. What's up with that?"

"So many unitards.....just so many unitards..."

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Skeletor '96 said:

They are the same people who attend PGA tournaments and love to yell " in the hole".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

They are the same people who attend PGA tournaments and love to yell " in the hole".

I would give good money for someone to scream "Why you don't you just go HOME? That's your HOME! Are you too good for your HOME? ANSWER ME!” when someone misses a close putt though. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

BTW..On the east coast the cry was "DAZE ALWAYS READY'..a little combination of Brooklynese and southern twang'' ..lol ..peace

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lol think it was the CT Hurricanes who yelled “YES!” from the field at DCA Finals late 70s when asked “is the corps ready”. Kinda like a wth then a laugh from the crowd

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

BTW..On the east coast the cry was "DAZE ALWAYS READY'..a little combination of Brooklynese and southern twang'' ..lol ..peace

Or the infamous "WHATAMANUVAAAAH!!"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol think it was the CT Hurricanes who yelled “YES!” from the field at DCA Finals late 70s when asked “is the corps ready”. Kinda like a wth then a laugh from the crowd

Jim I think it was either you or BigW that I posted to and stated when they ask if the corps is ready, everyone should scream "Meh...we guess so.."

• Haha 2

The only shout out I despise was the 2000 SCV / Crystal one on the recording. But I guess I shouldn't complain too much, my daughter was about 4 and we were high up in the stands, forget the corps but right at the big pause in the ballad my daughter yells, "Look! A fire tuck!" There was one off in the distance driving somewhere. She was not into the shows that night and we were luckily not anywhere near a mic and the diehard fans around us thought it was cute.

• Haha 2