Mr. Acheson--it's time.

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Who said offset! Lower incurred cost. 

well...not really. gotta house them and feed them. so fewer show days but still expenses isn't exactly cost effective

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Jeff Ream says I do sarcasm well... and hate to think how long he has known me...

you even threw off some good ones at Kris's viewing.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Dam!  If only BRASSO was still around for some of these topics!

threads would be closed faster than you can say "i only play a medical expert on DCP"

3 hours ago, MikeN said:

Back to the OP, based on reports on other social media sites, it appears likely the cancellation of the season is approaching.  I sure don’t blame DCI - this is obviously much bigger than our favorite AAU marching bands. 

they almost have no choice. schools aren't looking to let outside groups in, they aren't even letting heir own kids in

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HbRJgdZHsbc said:

Everyone calm down.  This is going to be decided by the voting membership.  Those directors are spending hours and hours per day on this.  Let's not try to be the first one to be right on this topic.  Better to be judicious and protect the performers from the fallout of what might be inevitable.  We (adults) need to behave as adults and support long term goals.  Let the directors and DCI steer this responsibly.

it's not a matter of being right. a copy of a verified communication has been making the rounds everywhere on social media.it's officially at 2016 recaps levels of secrecy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Who said there would be fewer show days!  Why so confrontational and negative about change. 

look at the map? how many corps here on the East Coast?

Boston, Cadets (or not if you believe Algernon), Crown, Spirit, Surf. most of the open class corps are at best weekend only til mid July. Any DCA corps you want to add in are weekend only. Maybe Bloo depending on how DCI wants to run it. Only so many places with turf...now basically a requirement after Chester last year...and the stadium size DCI wants to run in. and the East goes Canada to the Gulf...lotta miles and DCI seems to have misery every time they try Florida

this is one of the reasons they pushed to make it a national tour 20+ years ago. this isn't like 25 years ago when you had the above plus the Suncoats, dutch Boys, Magics, Kiwanis, ventures, les etoiles, L'Insolite's, etc you had to add to it. 

and then since YEA/cadets basically has a lock on running shows between Boston and NC, the prices don't draw SRO crowds.

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Beats going to Vietnam! I’ve heard stories 

Absolutely right. I was in the Army then, scared out of my wits, but wasn't deployed there. Many of my corps buddies were and some didn't come back alive, or whole. But even that didn't kill drum corps.

By comparison, this situation is trivial. Stop whining. If the season is shut down, which it should be, all those kids will remain eligible next year. Sometimes reality bites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2