Mr. Acheson--it's time.

15 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Honestly, the productions are a million times better now. I’m a DCI child of the late 80’s early 90’s, and most of those shows are well-nigh unwatchable these days.  Hell, I tried to get my 2-year MM to watch *2000* SCV and their first comment was “my God, they’re slow.”

Mike

Well, you did  totally get the wrong year.  Should have showed her ‘99. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Ghost said:

Dam!  If only BRASSO was still around for some of these topics!

Paging Brasso. Paging Stu. 

• Haha 1

$6,000,000,000,000

SIX TRILLION DOLLARS

Financial support for every class below $90,000 AGI, municipalities, individual businesses, homeowners, renters, salaried employees, tip employees, on and on and on.

Massive purchase programs in PPP with individual health agencies (hospital groups), mobilizing industries dormant for decades and changing existing manufacturing to meet sudden demand.  On and on and on.

Dozens of programs covering four, major components of the economy, and not a single "shovel ready job" in sight.  Direct infusions to communities, healthcare institutions, and the citizen's pockets.

Plus six feet of separation and concentration in major urban areas where it can be contained if those in the affected area stay put.

Want to know what makes the inputs of the estimates so important to the calculation?  Well, there's all that.

I love my Paisans in Italy, but they didn't have or do anything like this.

'Merica

Oh, and Dr. Fauci is back.  We're safe.

#PassTheDamnBill

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

If your reread my post, you will see I was not asking who Bill Gates was talking about. I was asking who YOU are targeting with this. You seem to think people here don’t get it. Otherwise why would you continually be posting graphs, links to stories about tragic deaths, and quotes from well known people?  Perhaps instead you could focus on hope?  On how we can pull together?  Or is that just not something you can do?

We can pull together and save a lot of lives by having every state do what Ohio is doing right now. That is my hope. Do you share it?

Edited by N.E. Brigand
"every" not "entire"

35 minutes ago, garfield said:

I honestly did not think for a moment that you'd miss that softball.

It was a question of whether you'd take the bunt or go for the homer.

What actually happened is that the game was cancelled because of coronavirus.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

We can pull together and save a lot of lives by having the entire state do what Ohio is doing right now. That is my hope. Do you share it?

Sure. I was kinda under the impression that’s what is happening. (Entire country - I’m assuming that’s what you mean). We’ve certainly been in isolation for a week and a half now at my house. We only venture out to walk the dog early each morning. We even order groceries delivered so we don’t have to go to the store. . My company enacted strict work from home 8 days ago. The place is a ghost town. Now, does “everyone” get it?  No. There are plenty of Darwin Award candidates packing the Home Depot still. We are not China. I don’t know that the police can or would force people into their homes at the point of a bayonet. At some point people’s families need to step up to the plate and force compliance by reason or shaming. 

Edited by HockeyDad

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

More fake news.

1.  No one is saying that today is the day to relax our social distancing.

2.  But someone did "forget" to include China on that graph.

Just for you, a new chart from the Financial Times that includes the hardest hit part of China:

ET52w3BXgAAOTVP?format=jpg&name=large