Mr. Acheson--it's time.

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Are you suggesting I’d come back and delete it if proven wrong?  Wow, I misjudged you.

Or were you simply threatening to hold it over my head and eat crow, as if you’d have to?  Well, that proves it.

Just marking it for easier reference later -- so that if you're right, I can be the one eating crow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Who is suggesting we are good with stepping over piles of dead bodies and going about our business?  Again, having discussions about how we can SAFELY start a return to normalcy DOES MOT MEAN we don’t care about people dying. How many times do we have to do this dance?

You seem to think Bill Gates was talking about you. I don't know that he was.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Just marking it for easier reference later -- so that if you're right, I can be the one eating crow.

I honestly did not think for a moment that you'd miss that softball.

It was a question of whether you'd take the bunt or go for the homer.

9 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Well these IT dweebs like Gates have problems dealing with people.... oh wait..... 😖

Edited by JimF-LowBari

20 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Just because you say so doesn’t make it so. Unless believe the productions are better now. No mics needed for those soloist. 

Honestly, the productions are a million times better now. I’m a DCI child of the late 80’s early 90’s, and most of those shows are well-nigh unwatchable these days.  Hell, I tried to get my 2-year MM to watch *2000* SCV and their first comment was “my God, they’re slow.”

Mike

1 minute ago, MikeN said:

Honestly, the productions are a million times better now. I’m a DCI child of the late 80’s early 90’s, and most of those shows are well-nigh unwatchable these days.  Hell, I tried to get my 2-year MM to watch *2000* SCV and their first comment was “my God, they’re slow.”

Mike

My new favorite phrase.

I officially put "vaticinate" into everyday use.

Thanks, Mike!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Mike

That is definitely not my point sweetie. I’m arguing that membership doesn’t require them all to be music majors. I’m challenging the belief that there is a better average participant and that participation can’t be locally based due to their social economic strata. I’m not convinced the quality of member is really all that much talented or better than other decades of members. 

Edited by Poppycock

28 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

If your reread my post, you will see I was not asking who Bill Gates was talking about. I was asking who YOU are targeting with this. You seem to think people here don’t get it. Otherwise why would you continually be posting graphs, links to stories about tragic deaths, and quotes from well known people?  Perhaps instead you could focus on hope?  On how we can pull together?  Or is that just not something you can do?

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1