If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

There is a difference between hope and misinformation. Hope is “doctors are working around the clock and learning new things everyday to combat this disease” or “they’re creating guidelines right now that will help individual states open up their economies soon.” Compare that to blatantly false and speculative statements such as “the disease has been in the USA for several months, that means we will hit the peak in mid April” or “The death toll will be less than that of the swine flu, everything will be okay.” See the difference? 

No I don’t agree with your characterization. As I said we’ll just agree to disagree. That’s okay by me. I hope it’s ok by you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Music City Mystique beat it by a year in WGI and was a lot cleaner

I’ve never seen a WGI contest. I’m a snobby brass guy at heart I guess. One of my countless faults. 

17 minutes ago, Ghost said:

There you go again.  Another diss of a short person.

I’ll just bite him in the knee next time we meet... 😈

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yep. It's not alarmist to be forthright with people about how challenging the situation is.

Yes, people don’t understand. You really think that, apparently. Illuminating. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

???????????????????

20 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Kansas (Sky Ryders) a couple years in the late 80s. What about Kentucky? I can’t remember if Southwind ever completed at DCM championships. Not to be confused with DC - Midwest in Whitewater. 

Southwind & Memphis Blues competed in some DCM shows, but IDK if they ever were at DCM championships (a glance at DCX suggests not).  

But Imperial Guard from Evansville Indiana did in 81 & 82.  I seem to remember red, white & black Cadet-style uniforms.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
speling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

For decades I've told young family members to always rinse their mouths with some water after eating sweets.  Don't spit it out.  Just swallow it and get a small amount of carbs and hydration.  Still waiting for a dentist/dental hygienist who suggests this as a quick way to get sugar out of the mouth.

Golly are we off-topic  😈.

14 months until June 2021, so I suspect this may continue for a while....

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I know some people that are still quite vocal on FB about not understanding why we’re doing anything at all differently. They’ve thought of it as a non issue from day one and haven’t budged so much as an inch. 

• Sad 1