If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Golly are we off-topic  😈.

14 months until June 2021, so I suspect this may continue for a while....

It’s the DCP version of Groundhog Day now.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well I see opinion as “we hope (or we think) this will run its course etc”. When someone leaves out “we hope (or we think)” it comes out as stating a fact. 

Actually, we know it will run its course.  The question is what that course will be.

As any of my biology students could tell you - Mother Nature is a cold, hard *itch.

3 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I know some people that are still quite vocal on FB about not understanding why we’re doing anything at all differently. They’ve thought of it as a non issue from day one and haven’t budged so much as an inch. 

And because the deaths were less than expected that’s “proof” we over reacted. 

Funny how they never say how many deaths there would have been if we hadn’t taken shelter in place and other measures.

on topic: DCI please look at all sides and be careful about starting back up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Actually, we know it will run its course.  The question is what that course will be.

As any of my biology students could tell you - Mother Nature is a cold, hard *itch.

Yeah I screwed up. I meant run its course soon....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Maybe most of the dinosaurs weren’t killed off by a meteor but a virus instead? Sort of a rate limiting step built into the natural order that occasionally kicks in whenever a species or group (or drum corps)  becomes too dominant. 😉

4 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Maybe most of the dinosaurs weren’t killed off by a meteor but a virus instead? Sort of a rate limiting step built into the natural order that occasionally kicks in whenever a species or group (or drum corps)  becomes too dominant. 😉

Dinosaurs (minus the boids(nyuk nyuk)) had a bad day 65M yrs ago when 7+ mile wide asteroid hit near Cancun Mexico.  

The idea of a population limiting disease is a classic example of a density-dependent population limiter - the denser the population, the more impact the disease has.  This is the idea behind the social distancing.  It is also why you see a lot more cases in high population areas - its not just that more people per unit area are there, it is also that they can infect each other.

Speaking of asteroids, have you heard of Apophis?  You might want to watch this.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Threats weren’t my intent, but I can see how you can make that interpretation. I have edited my post accordingly. Please accept my apology.

No need to apologize, I just thought it was a bit over the top! 🙂

Everyone being stressed and all , it is understandable we all have our own opinions and convictions. 

• Thanks 1

I just ate a chocolate chip cookie. Now I’ll go rinse out my mouth with water because some buzzkill dentist has planted that idea in my mind forever!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I just ate a chocolate chip cookie. Now I’ll go rinse out my mouth with water because some buzzkill dentist has planted that idea in my mind forever!

I tell parents to do that all the time. The pH is lowest in the first 5 minutes (while the bacteria in your mouth feast on the sugar and output lactic acid waist). After that, saliva will start bringing it back up but if you continue to graze on sweets, the mineral content near areas of plaque will be more prone to go into solution.

45 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Always one of my favorite Far Side cartoons! | Far side cartoons ...

• Haha 4