Coronavirus predictions, projections, models, facts and opinions.

10 hours ago, Poppycock said:

That’s hard to believe! Are you sure the WHO hasn’t reached out to you for your insights

if they did i'd tell them to come here, the place is crawling with extras from ER and Emergency One

Lots of people out walking, riding bikes, jogging, some grilling, others mowing and doing yard work. Nice to hear laughter again too. People waving and saying hello as we walked the neighborhood. We decided to ask several friends to come over and enjoy this beautiful weather with us, so let the party begin. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Lots of people out walking, riding bikes, jogging, some grilling, others mowing and doing yard work. Nice to hear laughter again too. People waving and saying hello as we walked the neighborhood. We decided to ask several friends to come over and enjoy this beautiful weather with us, so let the party begin. 

Gin, vermouth, & clorox, garnished with an olive?  :spitting::whistle:  :guinesssmilie:

28 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Gin, vermouth, & clorox, garnished with an olive?  :spitting::whistle:  :guinesssmilie:

None of the above.

SANGRITA - 1 part orange juice, 2 part tomato juice, 1 part lime juice, Worchester sauce (drops), Tabasco Sauce (drops), and Salt. 

MARGARITA - 1 1/2 parts Tequila, 1 1/2 parts agave syrup, and 3 parts lime juice.

WATERMELON MARGARITA - 3 ingredients and no sweeteners. Just tequila, lime juice, and blended watermelon. THAT’S IT! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

None of the above.

SANGRITA - 1 part orange juice, 2 part tomato juice, 1 part lime juice, Worchester sauce (drops), Tabasco Sauce (drops), and Salt. 

MARGARITA - 1 1/2 parts Tequila, 1 1/2 parts agave syrup, and 3 parts lime juice.

WATERMELON MARGARITA - 3 ingredients and no sweeteners. Just tequila, lime juice, and blended watermelon. THAT’S IT! 

The Watermelon Rita sounds pretty awesome! or I guess you could say "WaterRita"?  "MelonRita"?  Hell, after a 3 or 8 it won't matter.  :innocent: 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Poppycock said:

You are in SoCal or NoCal correct? 

I saw a couple of groups together in my neighborhood over the weekend. They were grilling and drinking. The weather over the weekend was a bit touch and go with storms but the temps were in the 80's and plenty of wind. 

I saw on either espn or the news, that NFL teams are discussing temp checks and UV tunnels for entering stadiums. Then taping off seats to keep distances. You would think family's could stick together. 

1 hour ago, E3D said:

You are in SoCal or NoCal correct? 

I saw a couple of groups together in my neighborhood over the weekend. They were grilling and drinking. The weather over the weekend was a bit touch and go with storms but the temps were in the 80's and plenty of wind. 

I saw on either espn or the news, that NFL teams are discussing temp checks and UV tunnels for entering stadiums. Then taping off seats to keep distances. You would think family's could stick together. 

Cooler in NoCal in the mid 60 to high 60"s

20 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Cooler in NoCal in the mid 60 to high 60"s

Very nice. Cheers and enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

The official COVID19 death toll in China right now is 4,632.

And that's after they bumped the total by about 1,500 (i.e, 50%) a few days ago.

But it's pretty widely believed that the actual death toll in China is much higher.

For example, there have been articles in a number of media outlets reporting on the number of cremations believed to have taken place in greater Wuhan during the outbreak.

The highest figure I've seen estimated for the true number of deaths in China is 40,000.

That's nearly ten times what China is now reporting.

Lot of people out a few miles away from me. They’re at state Capitol supposedly protesting shutting down businesses but saw signs totally off topic. And very few with masks. Heard the state dropped to less than 1000 cases in last 24 for first time in week or so. Let’s see what happens in two weeks after these people go home. Also some counties in the boonies have less than 5 cases. That should be interesting in 2 weeks.... (some of the really rural areas have anti-government feelings)

turned it off before I saw anyone I knew or related to by marriage 😳

Edited by JimF-LowBari