Coronavirus predictions, projections, models, facts and opinions.

This is an interesting article: Human Challenge Trials.

One way we might speed up the development of a vaccine would be if healthy people volunteered to be infected with COVID19.

Would you do so?

As some observers point out: the article never mentions that people put their lives on the line for other good causes: think of fire departments and the military -- or for that matter, of doctors and others risking their lives right now.

StarshipTroopersCarousel.jpg

23 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

We've never made a successful vaccine for a coronavirus before. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-04-17/coronavirus-vaccine-ian-frazer/12146616

That may be from lack of trying. More than a month ago I read comments by a researcher in this field noting that, until now, no one would fund their research.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lot of people out a few miles away from me. They’re at state Capitol supposedly protesting shutting down businesses but saw signs totally off topic. And very few with masks. Heard the state dropped to less than 1000 cases in last 24 for first time in week or so. Let’s see what happens in two weeks after these people go home. Also some counties in the boonies have less than 5 cases. That should be interesting in 2 weeks.... (some of the really rural areas have anti-government feelings)

turned it off before I saw anyone I knew or related to by marriage 😳

well stupidity may be one way to thin the herd

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Sister texted about it... first two words were “Darwin winners”. She never did corps but has the ‘tude....

as long as they stay away from me and keep whatever they caught to themselves... knock yerselves our..

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and when they need an ER....get to the back of the line.......................Ignorance can be bliss...and sometimes ignorance is just ignornance...I'll keep saying it

• Like 3

Just saw a film clip from local news... some off message signs are “don’t tread on me”, some religious ones I won’t post here... and my personal favorite....

OPEN OUR BARS

couple of people wearing shirts with company logos. Now I know who not to hire....

• Sad 2