Where would you be today in 2020 DCI Season and what would you be doing?

Saturday, July 25, 2020:  DCI Southeastern Championships at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA.  

Performing groups: Er'body; all DCI World Class groups plus Atlanta CV from DCA. 

Weather forecast: Hi of 88 degrees with a 40% chance of rain warm up; a cool 68-70 degrees inside the stadium.  

COVID-19  :grrr:   #MarchOn

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

Up early for a medium drive from ATL to Winston-Salem. 

Sunday, July 26, 2020:  DCI NightBEAT at BB&T Field on the campus of Wake Forest in Winston-Salem, NC.  

Performing groups: Crown's home show, all the Blue groups, BAC, Cadets, Crown, Cavies, Colts, Xmen, PR, & SCV. 

Weather forecast: Hi of 92 degrees with a 20% chance of rain.  Would have been an awesome show in a great outdoor venue.    

COVID-19  :grrr:   #MarchOn  #WeAreTeamCROWN

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

watching people #####  about design cause it's not how it was in their day

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Up early for a medium drive from ATL to Winston-Salem. 

Sunday, July 26, 2020:  DCI NightBEAT at BB&T Field on the campus of Wake Forest in Winston-Salem, NC.  

Performing groups: Crown's home show, all the Blue groups, BAC, Cadets, Crown, Cavies, Colts, Xmen, PR, & SCV. 

Weather forecast: Hi of 92 degrees with a 20% chance of rain.  Would have been an awesome show in a great outdoor venue.    

COVID-19  :grrr:   #MarchOn  #WeAreTeamCROWN

But for NightBEAT, that 20% chance of rain would have turned into 100%

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most years my vacation begins today. Boston Crusaders would host a show and I would attend, then bright and early the next morning I would head to Allentown. This year there were only two early season shows scheduled in the Boston area. I was disappointed with no late season show, but now that there is a series of thunderstorms in the area, it would have been cancelled anyway.

I will miss Allentown this year. Allentown is a great experience like no other. For so many, Allentown is a reunion, and the scuttlebut that often begins in Atlanta, usually who is going where the following year, tricks up corps’ sleeves for Indy, etc. circulates through the stands and is either confirmed or refuted the following week in Indy. I won’t miss the long concession stand lines though I will miss funnel cakes.

No question, something is missing this summer without drum corps. Of course, for so many something is missing in so many ways this summer and it’s far more serious than missing drum corps. My hope, like that of so many is a vaccine and treatment will be in place as soon as possible. In the meantime, my plan for Friday and Saturday is to pick ten to twelve random shows each night from my BluRays and DVD’s, eat junk food, and enjoy. The only thing I can’t recreate is what I do during the day on Saturday. I usually head to Amish Country. As I go about my Saturday activities this year, I don’t think I’ll have to stop while farmers lead cows or sheep across the street, see Amish boys and girls riding the scooter bikes, or get stuck behind too many horse and buggy rides.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tim K said:

As I go about my Saturday activities this year, I don’t think I’ll have to stop while farmers lead cows or sheep across the street, see Amish boys and girls riding the scooter bikes, or get stuck behind too many horse and buggy rides.

There's always the Saturday afternoon Mass which allows you to sleep in a little longer on Sunday.

• Like 2

Someone recently posted the top 100 scoring shows of all time starting with 1999 Cadets.  I started watching a couple shows here and there this week. I’m only on 93.  Good shows so far like 2019 Crown and SCV, 2006 BD and one of my top faves 1990 Star of Kansas City.  I’ll be watching a little each night and when I’m free.  By what would have been finals nights this year, I’ll play the top 12 scoring shows of all time blasting it throughout the house and my neighborhood.  

On 7/31/2020 at 12:32 AM, Jeff Ream said:

packing for Allentown

Today, I would have been tempted to order FloMarching to watch the Allentown shows.  But then I'd come to my senses, check my Indy reservations, start packing, & peruse social media for lot warm up videos.   

Friday, July 31, 2020:  DCI Eastern Classic Day #1  at J. Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown, PA.  

Performing Groups: Academy, BD, BK, Bluecoats, Cadets, Cavies, Colts, Mandarins, Music City, Seattle, & Spirit.  (Along with Beaches & Kidsgrove from the UK.)   

Weather forecast: Hi around 80 degrees with a 70% chance of rain before 2pm.  (Predicted to move out by evening)    

COVID-19  :wall:   #MarchOn  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx