Recommended Posts

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... Statewide Indiana is at a 3.9 % positivity rate. As of Saturday 9 /26, places can open at full capacity, including large gatherings.

August 2021 is a long way away, but barring the unexpected there would be no state-mandated reason DCI couldn't happen.

2 caveats - 1) cities can set their own guidelines, though the Indy mayor just got sued by a bunch of business owners. It would not be in his interest to be on an island from surrounding communities, though that's been the situation; and

2) after the destruction of riots/protests in June, plus the aforementioned mayor allowing the homeless to crap in the streets like San Francisco, I'm not sure DCI really would want to have Finals back in Indy regardless of whatever sweetheart deal they have.

The city of Indianapolis has changed since August 2019, and not in a good way.

Edited by wolfgang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please just stop. Please.  

So -- This year, Macy's Parade will be an unabashed shill for Broadway and other celebrities? Do I have that right? If so, I think I'll pass   (Sorry! It's BC -- before coffee.)

Wow, just wow.  No one is happy about these cancelations.  "You come here often?"  "I bet you're one of those big, strong, & tough 'not my virus' kind of guys?"   "Can I buy you a tall glass

3 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

If kids are being allowed an opportunity, any opportunity, to perform and compete, even if it's not the most ideal of circumstances, I'm all for it. JMHO

TOB's virtual is gaining steam. it gives the kids a chance to perform, and get feedback. No scores, but it's been well received

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wolfgang said:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... Statewide Indiana is at a 3.9 % positivity rate. As of Saturday 9 /26, places can open at full capacity, including large gatherings.

August 2021 is a long way away, but barring the unexpected there would be no state-mandated reason DCI couldn't happen.

2 caveats - 1) cities can set their own guidelines, though the Indy mayor just got sued by a bunch of business owners. It would not be in his interest to be on an island from surrounding communities, though that's been the situation; and

2) after the destruction of riots/protests in June, plus the aforementioned mayor allowing the homeless to crap in the streets like San Francisco, I'm not sure DCI really would want to have Finals back in Indy regardless of whatever sweetheart deal they have.

The city of Indianapolis has changed since August 2019, and not in a good way.

It seems Indianapolis is taking the dive. Similar to many cities these days. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Just received my email from USBands announcing that their registration is open for their "V-USBANDS Virtual Performance" season.  That will be a "hard pass".    :spitting: 

Here's the link for anyone that would like to sign up their group:

https://usbands.org/virtual/

Thanks and updated added to home page.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 8:01 PM, seen-it-all said:

If kids are being allowed an opportunity, any opportunity, to perform and compete, even if it's not the most ideal of circumstances, I'm all for it. JMHO

I'm sure they're fine; just have always had a bad feeling when "you know who" was their leader. :whistle:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm sure they fine; just have always had a bad feeling when "you know who" was their leader. :whistle:

He's gone and he ain't coming back. Ever. Rejoice that the old YEA properties are now under new leadership and can forge their own paths independently, without all his BS. 😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My dad said Ft. Wayne bands have gotten the green light to perform at home football games. I know one school doing an 80 member band (they're usually bigger) and spread out stuff on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Thank you.  Front page has been updated.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.