Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

19 minutes ago, garfield said:

The challenge is being convincing that everyone is "at risk", which is why "asymptomatic" is such a brilliant solution to defining who is a danger. 

Virtually everyone is classified "at risk" in one way or another.

There is risk in everything right? I don't think or hope I have ever been arrogant enough to say that "im not ready to be done giving you "blank" on here", If that type of behavior to our fellow forum members is ok then I will start ending every post with it. 

Question in my on mind. If covid patients / homeless / drug addicted / felons - etc can be housed for FREE (tax payers foot the bill). Then why can't a non profit fine arts programs negotiate some type of deal with a hotel chain for a discount (not even asking for a FREE tax payer funded ride). Has to be a way. Too bad Bill Cooke is not around any longer. We need leadership with optimism , drive and passion. 

Edited by E3D
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

when you're considered high risk, you take it seriously. no offense, but i'm not ready to be done giving you #### on here.

But, are 17 -22 year olds considered "high risk"?

Now that they have bell covers and all... (But has anyone solved the problems of drummers drooling or their tongues moving in time to their rhythms?  That one's been around since cro-magnon man pounded on logs with bones).

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, garfield said:

The challenge is being convincing that everyone is "at risk", which is why "asymptomatic" is such a brilliant solution to defining who is a danger. 

Virtually everyone is classified "at risk" in one way or another.

I’m done here. This sounds too close to the Goober on another SM site who argued if you are asymptotic then you can’t give Coronavirus to others. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, E3D said:

There is risk in everything right? I don't I have ever been arrogant enough to say that "im not ready to be done giving you "blank" on here", If that type of behavior to our fellow forum members is ok then I will start ending every post with it. 

Question in my on mind. If covid patients / homeless / drug addicted / felons - etc can be housed for FREE (tax payers foot the bill). Then why can't a non profit fine arts programs negotiate some type of deal with a hotel chain for a discount (not even asking for a FREE tax payer funded ride). Has to be a way. Too bad Bill Cooke is not around any longer. We need leadership with optimism , drive and passion. 

...and vision.

Bill Cook would simply buy the hotel chain and change their operations manual to double profits AND let drum corps stay for free.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’m done here. This sounds too close to the Goober on another SM site who argued if you are asymptotic then you can’t give Coronavirus to others. 

Well, OK.  Too bad.  That's not what I'm arguing.

I liked Goober.  Gawwwlllleeeee!!!

Edited by garfield

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

you forget parents. not every school district is anti mask send the kids back at all costs.

Parents have no power against the teachers unions and lawyers. And I don't believe anyone is send the kids back at all costs...that is media spin. However, there are many who understand the significance of getting our children back to school...minus the indoctrination.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

And make all of that, largely, public so show momentum, planning, and optimism.

And get out there and shake some hands, bring as many people together as you can, hold events where you can discuss things up close and personal, ....whoops, sorry, got carried away.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, E3D said:

There is risk in everything right? I don't think or hope I have ever been arrogant enough to say that "im not ready to be done giving you "blank" on here", If that type of behavior to our fellow forum members is ok then I will start ending every post with it. 

I think the major problem is sheer number of available rooms near the performance venue.  6 corps of 100 rooms each is not a room number usually available at a typical "local" show.  

But, of course, not many local venues can contract every school in the district for corps housing (like we did!)

Shorter season + small uptick in member costs = hotel rooms for all.  But some may have to drive farther to get to the venue.

EDIT:  Ummm, rehearsal sites are a bit of a problem...

EDIT2:  And the dearth of available rooms in a venue city will likely require more than one national contract which, of course, would reduce the negotiating power of the whole tour.

Edited by garfield

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I don't think the post said that. 2 things why name call and also if someone holds a different opinion you are then done? You are a "DINO" correct? I thought they had thicker skin. 

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

But, are 17 -22 year olds considered "high risk"?

Now that they have bell covers and all... (But has anyone solved the problems of drummers drooling or their tongues moving in time to their rhythms?  That one's been around since cro-magnon man pounded on logs with bones).

15-24 is very very low risk. There are numbers on this but obviously the DCP is not the place to get into statistics about the corona virus. 

Drum Lines have been slobbering since they formed up. I had this affliction along with the dut dut dut one. 

• Like 1