Plans to attend August event?

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

Notice the quotation marks? This is commonly used when quoting something. There are plenty of examples where the peeps here are making statements without indicating sources. 

Remember when you were new last year and asking why people behaved in such a way on social media?  And calling out behavior on here as if you had never been exposed to anything like it?

Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Ran it through one of our plagiarism detectors - 70% original, 30% not.   

Thankful those programs did not exist when I went to college.  I minored in plagiarism.  

5 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Thankful those programs did not exist when I went to college.  I minored in plagiarism.  

Webster's Dictionary had absolutely nothing to do with my class speech on Halley's Comet back in the day.

Edited by Continental

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

d9atzyl-8b61e9eb-8e00-4eb0-9893-746125d0

I'm still trying to figure out how you load an "image" (digital picture)on this forum.  I have no problem with a video or citing an article, but does the image have to have a URL address?  It just doesn't work for me; even trying to 'copy & paste".  🤔  

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm still trying to figure out how you load an "image" (digital picture)on this forum.  I have no problem with a video or citing an article, but does the image have to have a URL address?  It just doesn't work for me; even trying to 'copy & paste".  🤔  

It is a URL address! At the bottom of my reply screen on my iPhone, there is an option to insert an image from URL. That’s what I used.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
Grammar ... a URL is correct because U carries the Y consonant sound
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’ve been first chair. I’ve been last chair. I’ve been every chair in-between. In no ensemble I have ever been a part of, has anyone claimed they dominated the rest of us. We always took the team approach to our music, or even the family approach. We just did our job and took delight in our shared success.

i've been top bass, i've been bottom bass..hell i played middle bass. each have their own challenges

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Continental said:

That really looks cut and past and as a result, not in your own words and belief.

Maybe it was the massive font that often occurs during cut and paste. 

We often like to choose other people's words to emphasize our own, yet when doing so, indicate sources as well as make sure to modify the effects of cutting and pasting.   We also use "quotations" to emphasize outside resources. 

yeah what he said ( just using your words to emphasize my own)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Quotations are only the first step - you need to cite the source as well.

sorry i didnt cite the poster i quoted earlier when i used their words to emphasize my own

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Continental said:

Remember when you were new last year and asking why people behaved in such a way on social media?  And calling out behavior on here as if you had never been exposed to anything like it?

Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

especially about 2 days later