What will corps do at the shows?

15 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

https://www.brookings.edu/research/how-misinformation-is-distorting-covid-policies-and-behaviors/

"When asked to estimate the share of deaths by age group, the average American dramatically overestimates the share of COVID-19 deaths from people aged 24 and younger, putting it around 8%, when in fact it was 0.1% through August and has remained close to that level since."

"The U.S. public is also deeply misinformed about the severity of the virus for the average infected person. In December, we asked, “What percentage of people who have been infected by the coronavirus needed to be hospitalized?”

The correct answer is not precisely known, but it is highly likely to be between 1% and 5% according to the best available estimates, and it is unlikely to be much higher or lower. "

funny no one i know over 60 that got it died. everyone i know that got it and died was 35-50.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

WRONG!  Obese is the number one similarity. Sorry to trouble you with the facts. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/covid-cdc-study-finds-roughly-78percent-of-people-hospitalized-were-overweight-or-obese.html

78% no way right? 

keep enjoying the data. Science just changed on the surface transmission - what's next? I hope everyone can handle the truth. Science is da realz. 

funny everyone obese i know that got it lived. all of those i know that got it and died werent obese.

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

funny no one i know over 60 that got it died. everyone i know that got it and died was 35-50.

Not really sure why it is funny. I presented you with facts and scientific percentages. Your personal experiences aside were probably included in those numbers but scientifically the percentages are clear. 

7 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

You and others might not like the answer to this but I will ask anyway. What is the percentage of covid positives that require hospitalization? Out of that group then what do the majority of hospitalized covid patients have in common?

There are a few things one can do to avoid the extreme issues with this disease. No one is even willing to admit it. 

Numbers and situations do not lie. 

None of this is meant as a slam. Think the difference in opinions here is is “oldsters” 😈 know a lot more people in different age groups. So we would know a lot more people of different types who have been hit by Covid. So we can put faces to the cases that fall outside of the numbers.

No idea what the percentage is but as long as it isn’t 100% there are going to be people who don’t fit the numbers. The numbers may be low but they are still there. I’ll put it this way... know 70 somethings who felt like they had 48 hour flu. Then 20 year old healthy, skinny as rail nephew ended up with lung damage and in few years we will see if it is permanent. 
Exceptions to the percentages yes but it happens. Yes there are ways to cut down the odds but nothing is 100% in anything.

One word of advice: if a doctor treats you based on percentages, find a new doctor fast. Have seen it.... almost ended tragic... Moral is stats can be a good guide but only a guide....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Later thought occurs: how should people who fall outside the standard be regarded? Are they exceptions (can’t think of a better word) to be disregarded? Or are they a (smaller) part of the entire picture.

Sometimes there isn’t a cut and dry reason why people are hit the way they are. Sometimes “stuff” just happens that way. That’s the “crap shoot” I’ve seen and not just in Covid. From what I saw 3 years ago lot of people want a reason why someone got so sick or passed. That’s because it scares the crap out of them and they want to reassure themselves that it can’t happen to them.

And let’s not forget no matter how they are thought of there are human lives behind the numbers

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Later thought occurs: how should people who fall outside the standard be regarded? Are they exceptions (can’t think of a better word) to be disregarded? Or are they a (smaller) part of the entire picture.

Sometimes there isn’t a cut and dry reason why people are hit the way they are. Sometimes “stuff” just happens that way. That’s the “crap shoot” I’ve seen and not just in Covid. From what I saw 3 years ago lot of people want a reason why someone got so sick or passed. That’s because it scares the crap out of them and they want to reassure themselves that it can’t happen to them.

And let’s not forget no matter how they are thought of there are human lives behind the numbers

Putting on my Science Hat - if real-world data keeps popping up outside the predictive model, then the model is wrong.  
If you want to build a model you need good glue, & the glue is the real-world data. 

• Like 1