Recommended Posts

Still breaking from posting here but have a question. Since DCI has announced possible show dates and named the corps....

Has any corps announced what they will do at these shows? Full competitive type show in exhibition, partial drill and standstill, almost anything goes to show what their corps can do (music education value),  etc? Hope Indy works out but for now interested in what is planned.

Also any word on webcasts?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure that's what he was saying. I took it to mean the electronics would be more prevalent than in the past to compensate (perhaps not the right word) for corps' shortened time to prepare their

I right there with you. I am planning on going to Indy this year and maybe another show or two. If I like what I see, I will be back. I will also give a benefit of the doubt if the shows aren’t as pol

show info does not explain what the actual events will be, who is in them, etc. follow along the details of the conversation.    I don't want anyone to die. i want people to be smart. and af

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Still breaking from posting here but have a question. Since DCI has announced possible show dates and named the corps....

Has any corps announced what they will do at these shows? Full competitive type show in exhibition, partial drill and standstill, almost anything goes to show what their corps can do (music education value),  etc? Hope Indy works out but for now interested in what is planned.

Also any word on webcasts?

I think Phantom did do an announcement. I can imagine a greatest hits performances from some corps. I'm assuming these shows are non competitive and just exhibitions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This unusual “Bridge Season” is more about DCI continuity of purpose and execution, I think. Whatever form these events take, the goal is to keep the process moving.  I do not expect judged field performances, just exhibitions.  Really, that will do.

Not including Indianapolis, each event will likely run 2-3 hours. The corps will present what they can. This might include some traditional field shows, a few non-DCI performing groups, possibly Drum Line Battles, Brass Ensembles, Alumni Groups, etc.

I do expect several Flo telecasts, and have kept my subscription active.

Really looking forward to this, and believe the effort will help ensure a better 2022.


 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Still breaking from posting here but have a question. Since DCI has announced possible show dates and named the corps....

Has any corps announced what they will do at these shows? Full competitive type show in exhibition, partial drill and standstill, almost anything goes to show what their corps can do (music education value),  etc? Hope Indy works out but for now interested in what is planned.

Also any word on webcasts?

Hu?:muahaha:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I believe Flo is planning to make the Indy performance(s) available.

Knowing Flo it's not just one performance thing. It's a 1 year contract. And good luck when they keep renewing it without consent!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Still breaking from posting here but have a question. Since DCI has announced possible show dates and named the corps....

Has any corps announced what they will do at these shows? Full competitive type show in exhibition, partial drill and standstill, almost anything goes to show what their corps can do (music education value),  etc? Hope Indy works out but for now interested in what is planned.

Also any word on webcasts?

Jim - please shorten your absence from here. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

This unusual “Bridge Season” is more about DCI continuity of purpose and execution, I think. Whatever form these events take, the goal is to keep the process moving.  I do not expect judged field performances, just exhibitions.

According to DCI’s press release yesterday, there will be a full panel judging continuity effect, purpose analysis, and execution proficiency.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skevinp said:

According to DCI’s press release yesterday, there will be a full panel judging continuity effect, purpose analysis, and execution proficiency.  

And everyone gets a participation medal.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • JohnZ locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.