What will corps do at the shows?

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

@:10

Groovy baby 

• Haha 1

Let's not get too excited here about the return of "marching arts" and drum corps.

I have refrained from posting for months because every topic thread evolved into a COVID discussion and the thread was closed.

In my state, California ...... we have approx 58 counties, all dictating different and conflicting covid guidlines, ..... and none of them agree, and now embarking on vaccinating the population.

The parents in the San Francisco are currently suing the SF School district, (The largest district in California) just trying to get their children back into the classroom because the teachers won't come to schools to teach. The judge has yet to render a decision. 

As ridiculous as it sounds, some HS have been allowed to resume practice and compete in football, yet the cheerleaders cannot participate because they are deemed unsafe.

This pandemic has hit hard and fear and politics have made the situation worse.

Jeff Ream has said many times that much of the activity is dependant on the finances within each organization and he is spot on, but there is much more beyond each organization's control.

It's not just a case of the finances of each organization but now whether a state/county will comply or allow various 'school activities'.

in California. Currently we have many transportation companies that would have (Provided Bus Transportation) for hire like school choir groups, sports teams, and others who have simply gone out of business because of the shutdown.

We are in the midst of a terrible mess, a pandemic threat, over reaching government, fear and more.

Professional Sports are trying the recover and they will probably be the best indicator of what events can be attended.

Just my 2 cents.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Let's not get too excited here about the return of "marching arts" and drum corps.

I have refrained from posting for months because every topic thread evolved into a COVID discussion and the thread was closed.

In my state, California ...... we have approx 58 counties, all dictating different and conflicting covid guidlines, ..... and none of them agree, and now embarking on vaccinating the population.

The parents in the San Francisco are currently suing the SF School district, (The largest district in California) just trying to get their children back into the classroom because the teachers won't come to schools to teach. The judge has yet to render a decision. 

As ridiculous as it sounds, some HS have been allowed to resume practice and compete in football, yet the cheerleaders cannot participate because they are deemed unsafe.

This pandemic has hit hard and fear and politics have made the situation worse.

Jeff Ream has said many times that much of the activity is dependant on the finances within each organization and he is spot on, but there is much more beyond each organization's control.

It's not just a case of the finances of each organization but now whether a state/county will comply or allow various 'school activities'.

in California. Currently we have many transportation companies that would have (Provided Bus Transportation) for hire like school choir groups, sports teams, and others who have simply gone out of business because of the shutdown.

We are in the midst of a terrible mess, a pandemic threat, over reaching government, fear and more.

Professional Sports are trying the recover and they will probably be the best indicator of what events can be attended.

Just my 2 cents.

several local high schools have been on some form of hybrid schedule, yet sports go full time...and the cases that end up happening are starting with the sports teams and spreading from there.

UFC isn't the same type of setting to compare to a drum corps crowd. Look how spread out fans were at NFL games and even Wrestlemania in the same site the Super Bowl was held. 25,000 fans spread around a 70,000 seat stadium. well good news....that means for Indy on that percentage maybe 6000 fans concert side. or 25% of what finals night attendance has been the last few years.

Just now, O'Neal's said:

Nice to see. Much like the baseball games. 

even the Phillie Phanatic wears a mask

• Haha 1