East Coast Showcase - Quincy MA August 3 Show Thread

SOA thoroughly impressed. Great visual presentation with lots and lots of movement. 

• Like 1

Great job by the Boston Crusaders Alumni Corps! I always get choked up when I put things into context about the type of activity drum & bugle corps was in the days when many of those alumni marched. The great neighborhood corps from Boston and New York areas and the pride that is clearly still evident in their performance and their desire to keep those memories alive. Bravo! 

• Like 2

Just now, jwillis35 said:

Great job by the Boston Crusaders Alumni Corps! I always get choked up when I put things into context about the type of activity drum & bugle corps was in the days when many of those alumni marched. The great neighborhood corps from Boston and New York areas and the pride that is clearly still evident in their performance and their desire to keep those memories alive. Bravo! 

Brings back lots of memories of 67 and 68.  I’m so old. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Spirit was good nice quality production

I thought they were great. At least all the shows have been COMPLETE. 🙂

• Like 1

Spirit of Atlanta was wonderful! What a beautiful show. I love the uniforms. They have a Blue Devils vibe to them. I need to look up the music but I enjoyed those arrangements. Love the tree props and the guard was excellent. This show has legs considering it is not real clean. Hope they can clean this for Indy. The crowd will love this show!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Dansize said:

Flo doing a better job on mics and sound levels tonight. 

Yeah, I spoke too soon. 

17 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

yeah the sound is horrific

Almost seems like the sound changes at the end of performances between shows. The crowd sound changed quite noticeably. I am not sure what they are doing with it. Mic gain maybe? Calling all audio engineers...

Edited by Liahona

That was pretty amazing, Music City! For a smaller corps they pump out some sound with 33 or 34 brass. Percussion section is fairly large with 5 basses, 7 snares, 4 tenors, and 4 smaller tom drummers that marched for part of the show. Cool music and great use of color in the guard with the flags, hoops, and those multi-colored light sticks at the end. This group is marching fairly well for only a few weeks of work. This is another show I need to find the rep and dig into what they are doing, but from an uneducated first-time read I loved it. 

• Like 3