Fri Aug 6 - Bring in Da Noise, Bring in DeKalb

Ok! I am ready for the show of shows!

I met a friend for really good authentic Swiss fondue at a place that's got a patio seating here in DC.  I'm not sure what is higher, my blood alcohol content or my blood cheese content.

it is a good state of being.

There is something endearing about a battery that is one of each kind of drum, a pit that is one of each and 7 horns with one flag. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tedrick said:

DeKalb... if a stadium could speak...

think of the thousands of performances since the 70s (were there shows there prior to the 70s?)

The hey day of Drum Corps Midwest - two nights semi/finals competition in July for DCM Championship -- 

Great memories!
Screenshot-2016-08-25-at-7-27-27-PM.png

I love that list, it brings back memories. Some additions: Marquis, Sundowners, Kilties, Wausau Story, Sky Ryders. There might be more. 

We practiced at NIU all the time when I marched with The Cavaliers. Great drum corps stadium, the best showers (and lots of steps that we became very familiar with lol).

Was that Colt Cadets or Conquest? They may be young and small, but I think they played very well. So demanding to be out on an island, knowing that everyone can hear you specifically. These kids are learning and performing and I bet they are having a blast this summer. They displayed a nice mature sound for most of their book. I think the opener was Scarborough Fair, correct? Nicely done! 

Update: Yes that was Conquest.  Well done! 

Edited by jwillis35

That was Conquest.  This is Colt Cadets.

• Like 1

Dunno if it's flo, pit amping, or Flo's mic placement near pit amp speakers but...this show sounds almost all pit tonight.  It was not like this last take I got of colt cadets.

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Dunno if it's flo, pit amping, or Flo's mic placement near pit amp speakers but...this show sounds almost all pit tonight.  It was not like this last take I got of colt cadets.

I don’t see any Flo mics on the speakers like they normally do

Very nice Colt Cadets! Small group… big heart. 

• Like 1