Sat. Aug 7. A-TOWN

Crowd is just going nuts! Cadets were great. Such a fabulous show!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ok popping over to Lisele mid Phantom.

4 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

sheesh, Flo is picking up the soloists like they were in my ear, yet the corps on the field is much less. Let's figure this out. 

It’s not Flo! This is what they sound like in the stands. I’ll never for the life of me understand why, but the balance you hear on Flo is more or less the balance that the Cadets’ sound designers want you to hear live.

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Haha 1

I imagine the Cadets sounded amazing live. I feel like Flo turned the volume down and yet were picking up pit and soloists like they were in my family room. Please, Flo, get professional help. People are paying for this. It's not free. Get the mics off the track area and work from the stands only. 

• Like 2

Just off the top of my head: the amped solo trumpet at the end of Moondance really is as loud as the entire ensemble playing fff before it. In the stands. I promise you. 

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

It’s not Flo! This is what they sound like in the stands. I’ll never for the life of me understand why, but the balance you hear on Flo is more or less the balance that the Cadets’ sound designers want you to hear live.

Maybe, but I know the difference between live and streaming. I know I would have heard the field brass and percussion way more if I was there live. Some of this was definitely Flo. Yes, I will agree that all the corps are way too pit heavy. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

Great job by all the corps tonight. I really enjoyed all the shows. I think everyone had their cleanest shows yet. 

The Cadets playing Cadillac of the Skies now. So nice to hear. 

• Like 2