How 2021 will change the activity for 2022

5 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

Guard costumes changing every year have generated score. Is that different?

I am confused, you guys seem fixated on costumes/uniforms when it goes quite a bit deeper (and MUCH costlier than that)  Curious, have you read the entire thread and my responses?

Edited by Mello Dude

Is this conversation ever going to change?..

I hope not.  That would mean free speech is dead and a competitive activity is at the mercy of those that have vs have not.  I suppose that ship has sailed though unless minds are changed on what "score" is to include.  When everyone is screaming for money and they are dragging around an entire prop truck to get extra "score" we need to rethink what this activity is doing and heading.  IMHO.  As an example see how fast "regional" touring has taken hold.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I don’t think that will happen. As far as fan reaction goes, the biggest positive fan reaction I have seen so far is for the Bluecoats with a thoroughly modern design. 

Phantom?  👀

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I don’t think that will happen. As far as fan reaction goes, the biggest positive fan reaction I have seen so far is for the Bluecoats with a thoroughly modern design. 

I think if Bluecoats did an H.R PufnStuf show next year it would somehow be appropriate. 

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Phantom?  👀

Yes, Phantom is very fan friendly as well. I'm sure they would have done better competitively in 2020 with that show on the normal sheets than they did in 2019. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I think if Bluecoats did an H.R PufnStuf show next year it would somehow be appropriate. 

Wild idea.  But I bet they could pull it off.

A Lidsville pre-show please...with us falling into a giant hat.  Uniforms can be stylized with slightly different types of hats and all.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:49 PM, Mello Dude said:

1.  People will realize "talent" isn't that big of a requirement when practicing 100's of hours on 5-7 minutes of music.  What is important is physical stamina and mental preparedness for a year of corps.

2.  Props aren't needed to make a show remarkable.  A good show is a good show.

Oh they didn't realize this already? 

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Wild idea.  But I bet they could pull it off.

A Lidsville pre-show please...with us falling into a giant hat.  Uniforms can be stylized with slightly different types of hats and all.

LOL - Eddie Munster played the main character in Lidsville. 

Edited by Continental