Phantom Regiment 2022

Thoughts:

They just took it to another level at Little Rock! Felt so much better than even San Antonio.

I can see them finishing 7th if they get clean and continue adding layers. I can also see them finishing 10th. 

I really enjoy this show a lot and don't really care where it finishes at the end of the day. It is everything I enjoy about drum corps.

The guard has really come along, and are pretty great! Drill is better than they've had in many years. I hope to see this design team all return next year, and see how far they can go.

I'm not convinced that you must be extra modern with props/staging etc to do well. I hope they continue to prove it, because what they are doing is what I enjoy. 

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

Thoughts:

They just took it to another level at Little Rock! Felt so much better than even San Antonio.

I can see them finishing 7th if they get clean and continue adding layers. I can also see them finishing 10th. 

I really enjoy this show a lot and don't really care where it finishes at the end of the day. It is everything I enjoy about drum corps.

The guard has really come along, and are pretty great! Drill is better than they've had in many years. I hope to see this design team all return next year, and see how far they can go.

I'm not convinced that you must be extra modern with props/staging etc to do well. I hope they continue to prove it, because what they are doing is what I enjoy. 

I agree

• Like 1

Thoughts:

I agree 😜

Edited by PRomoter

Actually I just watched Little Rock and on multi-cam I saw a lot of individual confusion on the field, as though they tried to make way too many changes all at once. Lots of missing ticks and gaps. And you just have to hit straight lines every time. I also heard some pretty rough intonation. Hopefully the powers that be are trying to shore up final changes now so they can just clean from here on. Maybe add the chevron and kick out, but no more changes. Clean, clean, clean. 

• Like 1

Thoughts:

The guard has really come along, and are pretty great! Drill is better than they've had in many years. I hope to see this design team all return, and see how far they can go.

I'm not convinced that you HAVE to be extra modern with props/staging etc to do well. 

also, I would not be disappointed if they didn't add a wedge or chevron and don't think there needs to be a SUTA yell. I'm sure they will change the ending some and I can kinda see where a chevron could be inserted, but I also like a lot of that movement at the end and would hate to see it go. Rather they focus on being phresh than go back to their traditional GE moments that they do

On Tim Hinton's Marching Roundtable podcast Tony Hall said that changes are in store for the ending. Best guess is chevrons or wedges. If I has to guess anything else, maybe they do something like what Crown did last year, and somehow get people in uniforms from across the years, standing on the stages at the end. I only say this because the closer is supposed to represent "coming home".

16 hours ago, college-phan said:

Nice little interview here!

When she talks about the show being personal, just watch her conduct the big push in the Mahler.  You can FEEL her passion in her conducting movements...

Any bets this show is played more than any other this winter?  Loving this book.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mello Dude said:

Any bets this show is played more than any other this winter?  Loving this book.

Anyone else hum along ( or I dunno maybe even sing ) to shows as you play them in the car? BITD we'd ride around and do that all day long to every corps' recordings as we got into mischief along the way. Nowadays, PR is one of the few corps I will have seen/heard enough to remember what the heck I'm humming. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Anyone else hum along ( or I dunno maybe even sing ) to shows as you play them in the car? BITD we'd ride around and do that all day long to every corps' recordings as we got into mischief along the way. Nowadays, PR is one of the few corps I will have seen/heard enough to remember what the heck I'm humming. 

Serious question: are audio recordings even made available for sale any more? 100% agree that many corps' full show music does not stand alone. But Regiments' does!

• Like 2