Phantom Regiment 2022

28 minutes ago, billj said:

Serious question: are audio recordings even made available for sale any more? 100% agree that many corps' full show music does not stand alone. But Regiments' does!

Yes, I download from marchingmusicdownloads.com. 

It's about $3 per corps I think, so you can pick and choose without having to buy entire CDs. 

20 hours ago, billj said:

On Tim Hinton's Marching Roundtable podcast Tony Hall said that changes are in store for the ending. Best guess is chevrons or wedges. If I has to guess anything else, maybe they do something like what Crown did last year, and somehow get people in uniforms from across the years, standing on the stages at the end. I only say this because the closer is supposed to represent "coming home".

I listened to the podcast and didn’t hear him say that?

May I leave this here?

I love their intensity and focus.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 3

neat!  I wanted the slo mo of the salute to include a slo mo of the hair flip 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Anyone else hum along ( or I dunno maybe even sing ) to shows as you play them in the car? BITD we'd ride around and do that all day long to every corps' recordings as we got into mischief along the way. Nowadays, PR is one of the few corps I will have seen/heard enough to remember what the heck I'm humming. 

My daughter and I crank up old PR shows when we drive. We are shameless in our volume and exuberance.  

• Like 6

On 7/28/2022 at 8:54 PM, PRomoter said:

Actually I just watched Little Rock and on multi-cam I saw a lot of individual confusion on the field, as though they tried to make way too many changes all at once. Lots of missing ticks and gaps. And you just have to hit straight lines every time. I also heard some pretty rough intonation. Hopefully the powers that be are trying to shore up final changes now so they can just clean from here on. Maybe add the chevron and kick out, but no more changes. Clean, clean, clean. 

I really think this group knows what they are trying to do for this season. 

Phantom top 3 is not in thier aim..

They are trying to do a new course  of phase in thier trajectory... let them get it right as they always do and see how this pans out over the course of a planned program. 

Much like Boston, this is a program that takes time. 

I'm so happy to see regiment back at it... can't wait to see what their finals position this year brings them next year 🙌 

Nothing good happens over night... give this corps time.

They always make it with a few years under their belt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

When I moved to Seattle in '99, I listened to '96 the whole way at ear searing volume.

Huh? What did you say? (Cupping ear)