Phantom Regiment 2022

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

If I were program coordinator for a day, this is what I would do for the ending, right after the Chevron build, pause for 2 counts, then move it forward at tempo 4 counts BEFORE splitting out at double tempo. Then, end in the off-center wedgie!

If I were program coordinator!

I’ve been hoping for a push to the front at the end of the ballad (wedge maybe?), similar to how they did with Fire of Eternal glory back in 93.

Let's go, Regiment!  Here's to your best show performance so far tonight.  I know your passion, energy and emotion will touch us all.  Can't wait to soak it in tonight and the next 2 nights tool

Harvey

• Like 3

Make sure to go to Regiment.org and donate to the new food truck fundraiser! The old girl is aging out this year.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2

What a great prelim performance. Chill. Bumps. Oh, and love the red fabric at the end. Wish the chevron was as pronounced as it was last year. 

Edited by PRomoter
  • Like 2

Very surprised by the brass score tonight. Those of you that were there, did it seem like a rougher run, because it didn’t on the stream? Regardless, I’ll take 9th overall any day of the week!

7 hours ago, college-phan said:

Very surprised by the brass score tonight. Those of you that were there, did it seem like a rougher run, because it didn’t on the stream? Regardless, I’ll take 9th overall any day of the week!

I think there are probably a lot of tiny things we can’t see or hear online or in the stands. Kind of like those POV videos that come out over the next few weeks; when you’re down on the field it’s always shocking how horrible it sounds when you don’t hear the whole group from the front and 100 feet away. That’s what is being judged. 

8 hours ago, college-phan said:

To me, they still sound a bit rough around the edges. I'm guessing JD had to start from scratch pedagogically in 2021, so it's likely no surprise. 

Someone said earlier in the season that they had it cranked up to 11 but would dial it back as the season progressed. I'm not so sure they've dialed it back much. But this fan appreciates it regardless.

• Like 1