Phantom Regiment 2022

On 8/18/2021 at 10:18 PM, PRomoter said:

All I can say is I’ve been rewatching this year’s show over and over, and it literally makes me tear up every time. I’ve been a fan for nearly 40 years, through the ups and downs, and I was terribly afraid I’d never have the feelings I had watching them in earlier years. It seemed like they were destined to fall out of the top 12 before someone could make the changes necessary to be what we all knew they could be. I hoped each year that someone would do something, but no one had the secret sauce. Not surprisingly, the secret was to do what they’ve always done, but do it with more heart and feeling than anyone else. I LOVED the championship years, but I would be thrilled to see them do this kind of a show in the top 6 year after year. The fans ate it up. It was like drum corps for the people was back again. I was in Indy on Saturday. People were losing the freaking minds before they played a note, and when they did the kick wedge at the end, the whole place erupted. The standing ovation started at the crab step and went on for 2 minutes. It was a total love fest for them. People in my section (237) were high 5ing each other and screaming. It’s what I used to love about DCI, and why I never gave up hope that that kind of exhilaration might someday return.

I think the point of their fan favorite vote is that there is a place for diversity of styles, and that what fans love and what gets them out of their seats must be considered. There is room for many styles and perspectives of what drum corps is, and fans need to see shows like Harmonic Journey rewarded if we are to continue to attract diverse audiences. 

Thank you, Regiment, thank you! I will enjoy listening and watching this show for years to come. You left it all on the field. It was awe inspiring to see what you accomplished in a few weeks. I hope some of you are reading this, because I am one of many, many people who were not only entertained, but who had a life-moment Saturday night in LOS. You are loved and appreciated. 

I could have typed all the same feelings & reactions, other than being low in section 640.  Very well said!  I share the joy!  I'm going to up my donation level to Regiment again.

Harvey

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

I could have typed all the same feelings & reactions, other than being low in section 640.  Very well said!  I share the joy!  I'm going to up my donation level to Regiment again.

Harvey

I must have missed PRmoter's post earlier and I share your reaction. It was thrilling to watch the crowd at LOS on Saturday start the bringing down the house the moment PR first walked out of the tunnel. I too will be making a donation to the Regiment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, college-phan said:

Thanks for sharing.  This was a moving video that showed how special those members are.  I'd give anything to see that show live on Saturday in Indy again.  It was truly special.  Thank you Phantom Regiment!  

Harvey

• Like 1

3 hours ago, college-phan said:

Holy smoke. YouTube video of the year. Wow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

Hashtag RECRUITING

Yeah, they've known exactly what they're doing with this show from the start of the 'short season' through to next year.

• Like 1

with Shaw back i expected more brass talent would show up to audition.

After having watched them at "Concert in the Parking Lot" posted a while ago, I remarked how they were all so young.  I had not seen such a young Phantom Regiment - perhaps in all my time of following the corps. 

I am astounded.

I am astounded at the depth of the horn line and the maturity of all the marching members.  We come across moments in life that make us have a paradigm shift.  I hear moments of pure Phantom Regiment in that horn line that I think young people would not be capable of producing.   

I am so wrong about how I look at the capabilities of young people. 

The aura of this corps shines through.  They face challenges and they always bounce back.

They.always.bounce.back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2