BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

Yesterday began the first of 5 full rehearsal days BD has prior to Prelims. A ton of time to tweak, continue improving the closer, and really clean up the music and visual. And I could be wrong, but I believe a couple of those rehearsals will also be indoors which is a luxury im not sure anyone else has.

They are competing against themselves now, much like they did in 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2014. All of those shows were masterful, im very excited to see the final version of this show! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Yesterday began the first of 5 full rehearsal days BD has prior to Prelims. A ton of time to tweak, continue improving the closer, and really clean up the music and visual. And I could be wrong, but I believe a couple of those rehearsals will also be indoors which is a luxury im not sure anyone else has.

They are competing against themselves now, much like they did in 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2014. All of those shows were masterful, im very excited to see the final version of this show! 

Not sure taking all that time without a competition serves them well. Others are also rehearsing but also competing once or twice. Sometimes the long break can actually hurt. Now not suggesting they will not improve (I know they can). Just something I was wondering about once I saw they were off the map until Quarter Finals.

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

We will get our sneak peak on Wednesday!

• Like 4

Not ready to agree they are competing against themselves just yet. If this was a corps full of veterans and age outs, then yes. We might even be talking a new scoring record. But they are young. 

i DO believe that,  if they master the typical BD finals “magic”,  they will run away with it, regardless of how any of the others step it up. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, lyndakay27 said:

For anyone going to the rehearsal Wednesday night, they are requesting that all visitors wear masks. 

Enjoy the whole experience and the very best to your daughter!  Be safe and please tell her we say Thank You for all of her hard work!  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Not ready to agree they are competing against themselves just yet. If this was a corps full of veterans and age outs, then yes. We might even be talking a new scoring record. But they are young. 

i DO believe that,  if they master the typical BD finals “magic”,  they will run away with it, regardless of how any of the others step it up. 

BD are solid but this show has not caught fire. I hope it does next week, because it would mean the members are finding and reaching their potential and the audience should treasure that.

From what I have seen and heard, if none of the top corps ignite, BD will win. If BD doesn’t get hot, and BAC, Bloo and/or Crown does, it could be tight and go either way, but BD has the edge. SCV probably too far back to win but could scramble the placements and captions if they come on strong.

I am pulling for BD as always but hoping to see everyone full strength and at their best!

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Not sure taking all that time without a competition serves them well. Others are also rehearsing but also competing once or twice. Sometimes the long break can actually hurt. Now not suggesting they will not improve (I know they can). Just something I was wondering about once I saw they were off the map until Quarter Finals.

From what I remember, this is not atypical for them. They never do the Ohio show leading into Finals and usually squirrel away some place to tweak and detail. The nature of their constantly evolving designs somewhat mandates that and they are usually not completely finished and locked in until Prelims.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lawdn said:

BD are solid but this show has not caught fire. I hope it does next week, because it would mean the members are finding and reaching their potential and the audience should treasure that.

From what I have seen and heard, if none of the top corps ignite, BD will win. If BD doesn’t get hot, and BAC, Bloo and/or Crown does, it could be tight and go either way, but BD has the edge. SCV probably too far back to win but could scramble the placements and captions if they come on strong.

I am pulling for BD as always but hoping to see everyone full strength and at their best!

I agree. I think there are still enough small errors that they’re still in their heads a bit, thinking and trying to get it perfect. Can’t wait to see them let go and let loose this week. 

I don’t envy being a corps full of rookies that’s trying to live up to THIS particular legacy. It’s a lot to live up to. Just gotta block that out and do their best. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3