Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

17 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

So have they or haven’t they?

I did not notice it last night live (actually their sound system was too soft) but I really noticed it Saturday night on flo. 

• Like 1

I still hear the chimes, barely, but I don't hear the choir patch anymore. That closer is going to have so many standing ovation moments come finals. Lord...

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 12:37 AM, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Here you Go!!! Starting at part 3

https://youtu.be/bo5rJJdaSRs

I don’t usually consider myself good at any type of judging but I think the horn line articulation (including the solos) and the battery cleanliness was much improved in this show compared to CrownBeat.  I listened to it in my car so I haven’t seen the visual/guard. Just from the audio, seems like the gap from CrownBeat to this show should have been larger but maybe the CrownBeat score was too high?  Could be video (quality, location relative to the field, etc.) differences too though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

I don’t usually consider myself good at any type of judging but I think the horn line articulation (including the solos) and the battery cleanliness was much improved in this show compared to CrownBeat.  I listened to it in my car so I haven’t seen the visual/guard. Just from the audio, seems like the gap from CrownBeat to this show should have been larger but maybe the CrownBeat score was too high?  Could be video (quality, location relative to the field, etc.) differences too though.

I agree. But I think the visual hurt a little bit with the score.The video is  pretty good, but in person it was amazingly clean. My phone captured the sound pretty well imo.  They'll jump in score this weekend.  I have an idea of how much but I'll keep it to myself. lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wigwam said:

First time I've seen the show from a relatively low seat.  I thought the part where they all wave the streamers looked a lot better from the low perspective than from higher up. 

It looks much better in person period. I looked closely at the material. It is a small printed pattern. Personally I’d punch up the color on these.