Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

9 minutes ago, BWise said:

Bigger question is their guard was a wreck tonight. 

I feel like everyone was dropping things tonight (yes, even BAC).  Hot with some humidity (101 Degrees at 8:23p according to my fit bit).  Just sitting there I was sweating so I cant imagine there was enough rosin in the world to last through a whole show (do they use that in dci?).  lol  

• Like 4

Just got home....had a perfect seat on the 50 and at the right level for the brass to blow me away just right. 

What a show! The brass was amazing. But that goes without saying. The only negative thing that really came up was after they performed some of the audience muttered about how the corps would chant "Right here, right now" too much. It was kinda overkill. Take out some of those and fill it some neat brass line and that would fix it. The ballad was unbelievable....one of my favorites and the only one on the field tonight to have the audience "oohing" as the high brass played from under that large fabric piece. That was so clever and it just made the moment almost surreal.  The whole corps using the streamers was cool....sitting at home watching the show through a screen doesn't doing them justice.  I wasn't super happy about that feature when I watched the videos, but seeing it live has totally changed my opinion. It's another one of those things you have to see live to get it. 

But Crown has to clean clean clean(visually)....I thought Bluecoats might've placed above them because of it. Crown got the best crowd reactions at the end of the show,, other than bluecoats. Yes...they cheered louder at the end of Crown's performance than they did for Boston. I really don't think Boston will pass them. I see this show as total medal worthy. It just depends on how much they want it.  I know we want them to get it...but they're the one's performing. Either way. they'll remember how the fans reacted to them. You see the smiles on those kids' faces on the field after their done and they know we love em. 

I had a feeling they were gunna place high tonight and they did despite their line up time. Let's see how they do after a better line up time. Getting home and looking at the recaps and it's all over the map. I don't know what good those kind of recaps can do for any of the corps....

hmm....seems I rambled on a bit.....sorry. 

Edited by WildcatMello
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm starting to think Crown hurt some people in the past. The reaction out of some people...wew.

You’re right that some people just went way overboard in attacking you and others last night. Completely out of line.

On the flip side, as a BD fan, it gets really tiring to see the same responses over and over when our corps wins. People say it’s rigged, that the judges are dumb, that they’re done watching this season, that they got robbed… The same people bashing on BD are saying that Crown really should’ve won. You can probably understand why there are hurt feelings.

BD fans certainly aren’t blameless, but I don’t think Crown fans are either. Of course, these are just huge generalizations and most fans of any corps are pleasant. Don’t let the outliers get you down!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

BAC being below that Bloo show is criminal

No that was 2007.🤪

• Haha 4

So .. I slept on this and some thoughts .. I think putting Cavies in the middle of the top tier block made this hellish to judge. Not saying it was wrong but this was interesting.
BD guard was one of the messiest in the top tier idk how that gets a #2 ordinal. 
GE scoring.. Crown has to watch this. Early season was good what are the judges seeing now ?  If they can’t pull better GE we gotta a long road .. me thinks. 
BAC had a good run but is it enough?  Those team Potter analysis problems follow them. Reminds me of the old days. Great captions .. but killed by analysis. 
Finally .. the Crown closer was still messy but all in all it was an excellent run and still 1.5 back? The big silk handling is still a mess. I also noticed achievement scoring higher than content in a few captions. 

Bloo is ok at best for me. 
SCV getting better .. but not bc sold. Visual is tough. 

Impressive cleaning since Saturday. 

Crown super fan and I still believe .. 👑.. it’s a great show .. but you love it or don’t. I love it. 

Today is not a show day. 😚

Edited by BWise
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

You’re right that some people just went way overboard in attacking you and others last night. Completely out of line.

On the flip side, as a BD fan, it gets really tiring to see the same responses over and over when our corps wins. People say it’s rigged, that the judges are dumb, that they’re done watching this season, that they got robbed… The same people bashing on BD are saying that Crown really should’ve won. You can probably understand why there are hurt feelings.

BD fans certainly aren’t blameless, but I don’t think Crown fans are either. Of course, these are just huge generalizations and most fans of any corps are pleasant. Don’t let the outliers get you down!

There’s only so far you can go with saying “I’m calling it like I see it” when it comes to BD fans on their side, I think you should understand that you bring ire to yourself when you proclaim “IT’S OVER” “No one’s beating this!!” from season previews like I saw and some BD fans would also admit to saying. It is, at least to many, rather obnoxious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

There’s only so far you can go with saying “I’m calling it like I see it” when it comes to BD fans on their side, I think you should understand that you bring ire to yourself when you proclaim “IT’S OVER” “No one’s beating this!!” from season previews like I saw and some BD fans would also admit to saying. It is, at least to many, rather obnoxious.

As a BD Honk, I am man enough to admit that I have done this in the past. Proclaiming it's over before the season is halfway thru. So my hands are certainly not clean, and I have never pretended they were at any time. 

But all the corps at the top have fans that do this. 

Muncie show thread, Crown's first show, I saw Crown fans saying "We just saw our 2022 Champion!" And that's ok. We love our corps and have a right to be proud with what we see on the field. Lord knows these kids work their tails off to entertain us. 

All of our respective fanbases are all guilty of proclaiming to a degree. Some more than others.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

BD fans are wrong to say “it’s over” or “no one’s beating this” just from season previews, but it’s okay for Crownies to claim “no one’s beating this” or refer to the corps as “God’s horn line” from those same season previews?  Pot, meet Kettle.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

As a BD Honk, I am man enough to admit that I have done this in the past. Proclaiming it's over before the season is halfway thru. So my hands are certainly not clean, and I have never pretended they were at any time. 

But all the corps at the top have fans that do this. 

Muncie show thread, Crown's first show, I saw Crown fans saying "We just saw our 2022 Champion!" And that's ok. We love our corps and have a right to be proud with what we see on the field. Lord knows these kids work their tails off to entertain us. 

All of our respective fanbases are all guilty of proclaiming to a degree. Some more than others.

I have no doubt this is the case, I just feel everyone should have at least a “wait and see” approach and also respect other corps enough to not proclaim a champion before any of them have competed in a show, even if one is not fond of some corps’ fanbases😂. That just goes for everyone!!

• Like 2