Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

2 hours ago, nsxanax said:

I had been all about that, but with a closed practice and inclement wx likely, travel plans/arrival time are in flux. Four CrownCLUB tickets are hanging in the balance, so I’m calling in every marker I’ve got with the weather deities️.

Same.  I don't know about you, but these are tix that carried over from 2020.  Would be nutty if these tix survived two years of Covid only to be canned due to rain.  Mother Nature and Nightbeat have a complicated relationship. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 5:59 PM, Sensioto said:

I am optimistic for Crown. I was checking the schedule and realized that they have nine performances left. That's a lot of time. Plus, Crown started to catch fire in Allentown in 2019 and began their climb toward knocking on SCV's door. They know what they have to do. Looking forward to a great remaining 2+ weeks of the season.

That's interesting, I saw how many shows they had after SA and was thinking they were too busy to clean.  Could go either way I guess.  BD has one or two fewer shows, BA had the same.

Sometimes I wonder if another part of BD's genius is optimizing the calendar.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, runyancm said:

Same.  I don't know about you, but these are tix that carried over from 2020.  Would be nutty if these tix survived two years of Covid only to be canned due to rain.  Mother Nature and Nightbeat have a complicated relationship. 

Ditto x 2: Circa 2020 tickets here as well. If we’re rained out, I might just have conduct some sorta ceremonial pyre.

Bad mojo…

34 minutes ago, runyancm said:

Sometimes I wonder if another part of BD's genius is optimizing the calendar.  

Absolutely, less shows gives them the same amount of practice time as other corps with more rest for the corps. Rest is so important, and BD recognizes that. They just do everything smarter than everyone else. They work smarter, not harder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Absolutely, less shows gives them the same amount of practice time as other corps with more rest for the corps. Rest is so important, and BD recognizes that. They just do everything smarter than everyone else. They work smarter, not harder.

So true about BD. Hopefully they schedule more breaks in between regionals going forward.

Great. Just when I got Crown's closer out of my head, it'l be back in my head in a few hours for the next several days. The good thing about still having to wear masks is some places is people don't see my mouth moving when i'm vocalizing the part from the Crown set to the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cautiously optimistic that we’re still in this thing.

Don’t care where the green shirts putt’em: the battery is off the hook this year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Cautiously optimistic that we’re still in this thing.

It's a two horse race at this point. Boston is just sensational. They are likely ahead of Crown for good. I just don't think Crown's show is cleanable at this point. The visual design is just too messy. There is too much on the field and the guard is just too big. The music is sensational, but I've said all season the visual is a big problem and I think it's going to get bigger before the end of the season. This design team needs to learn to edit.

Edited by henry7184
  • Thanks 2