Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

2 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

I think it’s a good question to ask this in a youthful way, does Crown have the sauce to win this year? As a fan of theirs, I have to say no

When I contrast Crown's prop demand with SC's as I have been lately, I tend to think Crown may have shot themselves in the foot. They have A LOT going on, a LOT to manage, and that all increases the demand on the MMs. Too much demand on the MMs means you'll grind them down too early in the season.

I have no evidence that the MMs ARE being ground down at all. I'm just commenting on the demand alone.

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

No one should be. They're just emojis. It's not that deep.

Yeah, like I said I didn't care but there  are others who do take it more serious and you can't fault someone for their feelings. We all react differently to things. Someone's trigger moment might not be something that you don't  consider serious but to them it is. I've taught HS for 19 yrs so dealing with students and their parents is more gruesome than DCP hahaha.

Edited by Flguardman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Well I think part of the problem is:

1. People say one line statements without any context, like “Brass and guard judge lost their mind.” If context had been added and an explanation given as to why you believe that, rather than a blanket statement, it would have been helpful. Of course, you don’t have to explain yourself, but if you don’t people are going to make assumptions. Like, I’m thinking how does this have nothing to do with BD when BD beat Crown in brass and guard. Saying they lost their mind is saying Crown should have scored better, which means they should have be closer to BD, so it is partially about BD, whether that was your intent or not.

2. You can say you’re a judge and maybe you are, maybe you aren’t. But, we’re all faceless and nameless on here, so I could say I’m the Queen of England and maybe I am and maybe I’m not.

3. I doubt you’re a brass AND guard judge. Therefore, if you’re a brass judge, you really can’t comment on guard, and visa versa.

4. Unless you or any other judge were there, in person, you really can’t make such an assertion. One cannot judge a performance from a video. 

5. I’m sure a lot of people agree with you, but I’m also sure a lot of people don’t, including judges who I know for a fact are judges and were there, in person, judging from the field or the box.

Like I said I wasn't offended, others might have been but I wasn't I saw them and went about my time couldn't have cared less. 

If you wanted context you could have asked me point blank what I meant and I would have told you what I meant and if want to know,  I'd didn't think bloo's guard achv was over Crowns I agreed  with Boston and BD being ever Crown in guard to be frank. So my comment had Absolutely 0 to do with BD over Crown for anything. Could I have said that yes did I feel like writing a whole thesis at the time Nope! Several people make judgmental comments as if they're judges that need more context but me personally I scroll right on past them. That's their opinion not mine.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Like I said I wasn't offended, others might have been but I wasn't I saw them and went about my time couldn't have cared less. 

If you wanted context you could have asked me point blank what I meant and I would have told you what I meant and if want to know,  I'd didn't think bloo's guard achv was over Crowns I agreed  with Boston and BD being ever Crown in guard to be frank. So my comment had Absolutely 0 to do with BD over Crown for anything. Could I have said that yes did I feel like writing a whole thesis at the time Nope! Several people make judgmental comments as if they're judges that need more context but me personally I scroll right on past them. That's their opinion not mine.

Oh sorry my comment wasn’t necessarily directed at you; I was more just agreeing with you/building off of what you said. 

Coming from someone who has very strong opinions and unapologetically expresses them, I encourage you to keep doing what you’re doing. Everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinion, and for their opinion to be laughed at. If people cannot handle a little emoji, then the internet may not be the place for them

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Yeah, like I said I didn't care but there  are others who do take it more serious and you can't fault someone for their feelings. We all react differently to things. Someone's trigger moment might not be something that you don't  consider serious but to them it is. I've taught HS for 19 yrs so dealing with students and their parents is more gruesome than DCP hahaha.

The main demographic of my patients are teenagers, and from my experience, the parents are a lot more of an issue than the kids are 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The main demographic of my patients are teenagers, and from my experience, the parents are a lot more of an issue than the kids are 🙂 

Most definitely.

35 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Oh sorry my comment wasn’t necessarily directed at you; I was more just agreeing with you/building off of what you said. 

Coming from someone who has very strong opinions and unapologetically expresses them, I encourage you to keep doing what you’re doing. Everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinion, and for their opinion to be laughed at. If people cannot handle a little emoji, then the internet may not be the place for them

Cappy you are all good. I already know how you roll hahahaha 

• Like 1

I still say welcome back. The introspection seems legitimate to me.

• Like 4

Elvis Costello sang/said it best with (What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding. Happy to read the mea culpa’s and open, honest communications.

I’ve mentioned this in an earlier post regarding the brouhaha this past weekend, but having been a fairly heavy contributor to this thread of late, my thoughts are that many Crown folks had put put a lot of their chips on the table for SA.

Given how the season had been trending, it was an especially disappointing finish: big spreads and  leap frogged by BAC. Couple that with some previously perceived slights. And, well, it proved a bit too much for some of the faithful.

Those of us that remain are clear eyed about the rest of ‘22. While there’s always some tiny flame for a miracle finish, we’re pragmatic enough to adjust our expectations and put more focus on our love of RHRN and less on the accolades it may garner on the last Sat. night of the season. 

And as always, GO 👑 !!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, skevinp said:

Although your comments have annoyed me at times and struck as a little more malicious than you see them as, I want to say I really, really appreciate your explanation, the sincerity of your apologies, and your efforts to improve.  That’s a good example for all of us.  

And as I have said before, no matter how much we bicker here on DCP, I believe most of us would like each other in person.  I suspect you and Incognito are no exception. 🙂

I can see how I came off and I know it was not good and I can understand how people may have viewed them as malicious. My comment to Incognito was certainly that. I am not that person in real life and I don’t want to be that person on here. I appreciate everything you said. Thank you. I’m going to spend a lot more time pausing before I hit that “Submit Reply” button.