Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

5 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

Leon has always better than Jeff, I  know he taught him but obviously his interpretation for Crown hasn’t worked. Works for Vandegrift in Austin though

Why is that obvious?  Go back and look at the May placements in recent years at Crown. At Visual scores. Not that different if you take out beast. 

Edited by BWise

10 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Psshhh, you're preaching to the choir. Look at how I breakdown scoring and analysis, homes. 🙂

I'm saying that talk of placement shouldn't overshadow other things. In the case of Crown, I worry that fans are analyzing the show to death more than appreciating it for what it is.

That's why I said that.

Well when the recaps look like they do… I think its valid 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BWise said:

Why is that obvious?  Go back and look at the May placements in recent years at Crown. At Visual scores. Not that different if you take out beast. 

Some of it is personal preference to his drill that I prefer, but it is more organized and easier to achieve cleaner on the whole. 

10 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

Leon has always better than Jeff, I  know he taught him but obviously his interpretation for Crown hasn’t worked. Works for Vandegrift in Austin though

Leon has always been better than Jeff?  Absolutely untrue.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

Well when the recaps look like they do… I think its valid 

Analysis is always valid and welcome.

Over-analysis, when we can't do anything about it as fans, verges on being toxic. Talking about the legacy changing. That's not helpful. I'm not saying YOU specifically, I'm saying the fanbase, even in this thread, verges on over-analysis.

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

From and entertainment standpoint, the corps is doing its job and connecting with the audience. From a competitive standpoint, this show is getting eaten alive. The fact that there have been no major changes signals to me that the design team may have thrown in the towel and is trying to make the most with what they’ve got. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is at this point.  That said, this has been 6 years of subpar design that has to leave everyone wondering, does Crown still have it or are they in decline? How does this impact recruiting? Can percussion ever get above 6th place? What’s going on in brassland? Lots of questions to be answered, but it looks like the rest of the activity is passing Crown in terms of design, and it might be time to blow this thing up and start again. This is making Leon May look like a genius right now. 

Is Jim and Nancy’s way of running this organization finally catching up to them? 

6 years of subpar design?  Really?  That is the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard in a long time.  People are freaking out over a show that’s really exciting and cool to watch!  Calm down, folks.  It’s gonna be fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

Some of it is personal preference to his drill that I prefer, but it is more organized and easier to achieve cleaner on the whole. 

Agreed but never forget Out of This World if you want to recall a May disaster. 
and a huge one at that. 

Edited by BWise
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BWise said:

Well .. I FOR ONE IN NO WAY THINK THE SEASON IS OVER AND WE GET A HEALTHY CORPS ON THE FIELD .. THINGS CAN HAPPEN .. NO THROWING IN THE TOWEL .. NO STAFF CHANGE TALK. (After season talk). WE NEED TO GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND SUPPORT .. go get it CROWN 👑🔥👑🔥👑

THIS. 

I realize that some of my recent posts have skewed towards Debbie Downer, but there is nothing I wish for more than a monumental turnaround for the final push for Crown ‘22.

Much of this is borne out of the frustration of Crown showing so much promise, right out of the gate this season. That hadn’t happened in a while, certainly not since ‘16. And that, of course, Relentless was fraught with much controversy re the portrayed gun violence. [Not taking a position, just stating a fact]. But no one can deny that the closer was altered as a result.

At the risk of being exceedingly redundant, I voice my unapologetic support for Crown in general and RHRN in particular. And that will remain unchanged, regardless of where the final numbers fall.

BWise, my apologies directly to you, as you have been steadfast in your Crown support, irrespective of this season’s challenges👍👑

Edited by nsxanax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

THIS. 

I realize that some of my recent posts have skewed towards Debbie Downer, but there is nothing I wish for more than a monumental turnaround for the final push for Crown ‘22.

Much of this is borne out of the frustration of Crown showing so much promise, right out of the gate this season. That hadn’t happened in a while, certainly not since ‘16. And that, of course, Relentless was fraught with much controversy re the portrayed gun violence. [Not taking a position, just stating a fact]. But no one can deny that the closer was altered as a result.

At the risk of being exceedingly redundant, I voice my unapologetic support for Crown in general and RHRN in particular. And that will remain unchanged, regardless of where the final numbers fall.

BWise, my apologies directly to you, as you have been steadfast in your Crown support, irrespective of this season’s challenges👍👑

Yes they showed promise and they are fulfilling it.  How can you make big changes when so many members have to sit out for covid?   If they can get healthy they will be fine.  They might not win but they are putting on an excellent entertaining show.   The absolute best part is the members seem to enjoy performing it, that's a lot more important than winning first place. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

6 years of subpar design?  Really?  That is the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard in a long time.  People are freaking out over a show that’s really exciting and cool to watch!  Calm down, folks.  It’s gonna be fine.

2022, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 - I'd say 5 years of subpar design. Absolutely. Subpar design, that is, if you want a design that's going to win. They haven't produced a championship caliber design since 2015, yet IMO they've had the talent since 2008 to challenge every year. If you're happy with a 4th/5th place design (or 3rd in the case of 2016 and 2017) then perhaps it's not subpar.

For me, it's fine. They will place 4th or 5th at finals. I like the show (a lot) - that matters more than placement, to me. For others, that's not fine. That's perhaps why they aren't calm. They want their corps to win. 

Edited by henry7184