Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

Omg. There is a new Volvo commercial that has a RHRN tag line.  And they say it multiple times. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2022 at 12:29 PM, LabMaster said:

Reason:  love of the activity.  Reason: competition.  Reason: it is a needed form of entertainment for many.  
How to do it and avoid financial suicide? Plan well.  Be smart. Be disciplined in spending.  Watch resources carefully.  
the door is right behind you.

I know this is an old response I am addressing, but it seems that the poster here doesn't know how many drum corps have folded over time for lack of financial responsibility. You simply don't seem to know much about the history of drum corps as a business. There are reasons why some drum corps went inactive this season. But don't worry as long as you are entertained I guess that's all that matters in the long run until another drum corps folds.

Edited by Drum Corps Is Now a Bust
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Drum Corps Is Now a Bust said:

20 minutes ago, Drum Corps Is Now a Bust said:

Crown historically has been unable to consistently solve this problem. Until they do another championship contention is unlikely.

I like the “unlikely” but possibility implied .. as we all know 2013 was pulled off with a #6 perc line and #2 guard .. so GE has to save the day. 
I’ve been a little disappointed with the talk that Crown is failing or “over” talk lately. I don’t know when a 3/4 finish is failing. I’m a little torn  .. do you simplify and really execute the heck out of it (kinda the BAC strategy) or do you keep pushing these very technically and musically challenging shows. Why is perc such a challenge .. for years at Crown?  

I’ve not given up on the season for sure. Devils are uncharacteristically inconsistent this season even tho undefeated. And does the BAC show max out. Idk. If Crown stays healthy I think they do pretty well. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BWise said:

I like the “unlikely” but possibility implied .. as we all know 2013 was pulled off with a #6 perc line and #2 guard .. so GE has to save the day. 
I’ve been a little disappointed with the talk that Crown is failing or “over” talk lately. I don’t know when a 3/4 finish is failing. I’m a little torn  .. do you simplify and really execute the heck out of it (kinda the BAC strategy) or do you keep pushing these very technically and musically challenging shows. Why is perc such a challenge .. for years at Crown?  

I’ve not given up on the season for sure. Devils are uncharacteristically inconsistent this season even tho undefeated. And does the BAC show max out. Idk. If Crown stays healthy I think they do pretty well. 

Sure. They will do pretty well, but until their percussion problems are consistently addressed, they will rarely contend for championship again and when they do, all of their captions will need to be near perfect for them to have shot to win again.

By the way, you have over simplified BD. They are by far the most consistent drum corps in DCI and have been for a long time now. There is nothing "uncharacteristic" about what they do and how they do it. Just look at how many championships they have won in the last 20 years versus any other corps in the top five. 

Edited by Drum Corps Is Now a Bust

15 minutes ago, Drum Corps Is Now a Bust said:

I know this is an old response I am addressing, but it seems that the poster here doesn't know how many drum corps have folded over time for lack of financial responsibility. You simply don't seem to know much about the history of drum corps as a business. There are reasons why some drum corps went inactive this season. But don't worry as long as you are entertained I guess that's all that matters in the long run until another drum corps folds.

Love the snark of a 4 time poster.  So you know me and you know what I do and do not know?  You don’t.  So no need for making baseless assumptions.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BWise said:

Devils are uncharacteristically inconsistent this season even tho undefeated.

Good morning brother. A little confused when you say BD is uncharacteristically inconsistent this season.

BD hasn't finished lower than third in any caption this season, they haven't been beaten in brass and GE, been top two in visual, haven't lost a show, and hasn't seen a drop in score once this year. 

When I think inconsistent, I think of your placements and caption scores being all over the place up and down the sheets. 

Absolutely not trying to start anything, just wanting to understand you more clearly. 

Is BD vulnerable? Sure they are. Only seasons they smoked the field was 2009, 2010 and 2014. Even their unbeaten seasons in 2012 and 2017 they were vulnerable to Crown and SCV respectively. 

Thanks in advance brother. 

• Thanks 1

Just eyeballed some of this season's thread stats.

What is it about the Crown thread that attracts so much attention? Most views, most replies, most pages. Only a few show threads can keep up.

One would think BD's thread (heading to another undefeated season and another championship) and BAC's thread (on an historic run this year) would be getting all the attention.

Just seems strange to me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Just eyeballed some of this season's thread stats.

What is it about the Crown thread that attracts so much attention? Most views, most replies, most pages. Only a few show threads can keep up.

One would think BD's thread (heading to another undefeated season and another championship) and BAC's thread (on an historic run this year) would be getting all the attention.

Just seems strange to me. 

Unfortunately, IMHO, it has little to do with the corps, or this year's show, and mostly to do with the drama of the discourse in the thread itself.

• Like 2

Just now, runyancm said:

Unfortunately, IMHO, it has little to do with the corps, or this year's show, and mostly to do with the drama of the discourse in the thread itself.

Sadly, I think you are correct. How do other Corps threads keep the drama from running rampant?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Good morning brother. A little confused when you say BD is uncharacteristically inconsistent this season.

BD hasn't finished lower than third in any caption this season, they haven't been beaten in brass and GE, been top two in visual, haven't lost a show, and hasn't seen a drop in score once this year. 

When I think inconsistent, I think of your placements and caption scores being all over the place up and down the sheets. 

Absolutely not trying to start anything, just wanting to understand you more clearly. 

Is BD vulnerable? Sure they are. Only seasons they smoked the field was 2009, 2010 and 2014. Even their unbeaten seasons in 2012 and 2017 they were vulnerable to Crown and SCV respectively. 

Thanks in advance brother. 

This is a backhanded compliment maybe .. I’m used to seeing mostly #1 ordinals for BD.  Music they were beat by BAC and Crown Saturday. Visual they were beat by BAC Saturday. GE they hold down the top 3 scores. To me this is not consistent with prior years. I’m not used to seeing a 3rd place guard and yes they got beat Saturday night with a third place Brass. .. not slamming them. They know how to do what they do.  But those are surprising ordinals to me. 

Of course they are the most consistent over the last two decades.