Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

17 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Those scores say we are in for a tight race in Indy

Definitely. BAC is chasing it down.  While not the hardest show ever done but they are executing. Winning two caps .. 
I could see the struggle tonight for the Devils. They won but the sub caps are tight .. and some disagree .. I think psychologically perf order has a slight effect. 
Who knows  .. Crown looking a lot better tonight above 93.. they ain’t outta of it yet … 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, henry7184 said:

at Broken Arrow it was performance order. Then when that was proven incorrect, it was judges being biased against them or the brass and guard judge losing their mind. Then when Bluecoats pass them up, it's because Crown is suffering from Covid.

What a difference a few hours makes, as Atlanta is barely over and other people are saying the same kinds of things when their corps didn’t do as well as expected.

Maybe, just maybe, over-exuberance occurs with fans of all corps.  And Crown has so many fans that one might logically expect them to have a few more who are over-exuberant.  It’s just math.

Instead of painting them all with a broad brush, maybe just enjoy the shows?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, henry7184 said:

You should ignore this person. Seriously, not worth it. He is being so condescending to you. 

This is the Carolina Crown 2022 thread, not the Friends of Carolina Crown 2022 thread. The whole point of this forum is for us to discuss the activity and join the discussions we want to join. The Crownies just can't handle the truth, so anytime anyone is critical of the show they can't handle it. What they can't handle even more is when our "theories" are proven to be correct and they are proven wrong. 

Bwise bashed me in the Broken Arrow thread (a day or two before the show) after one Crownie said BD and Crown are definitely in the top 2 and that won't change all season. I said we don't know that - Crown hadn't seen BD or SCV and they saw Bluecoats once, for all we know Crown could be 4th or 5th. I was basically called stupid and he told me to call him after the show, as he was going to be right and I was going to be wrong.

They speak in absolutes, we speak in possibilities. I never hear the words "maybe," "could," "might." That would be completely different and I wouldn't have to come for them if they didn't speak in absolutes.

Supporting your corps is one thing, but trashing other corps and the judges when your corps doesn't win is another thing all together. I only see this on the Crown thread.

There’s like two people that maybe fit your description yet you define this behavior as “Crownies.”  Gee, I wonder why people get offended.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

We of course want all MMs to have a great season/ experience that goes without saying. The point of the thread is to discuss the competitive season of “the game,” and the show

Oh really? That seems a bit presumptuous, especially on a thread YOU didn't start. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, runyancm said:

I don't know.  I'm not 20, and when I was, I was not near as talented as these guys are.  But it seems to me that all the top corps have something to offer.  Best show design or not, Crown's last two competitive seasons were highly regarded by the crowd, and that joy from performance means a lot to at least some talented folks.  Not everyone is solely motivated by a ring.  If everyone was, everyone tries out for BD and that's all.

And if anything, 2017 and 2018 would have been the shows that would effect recruiting, and they seem to have held their talent level, if not improved it (guard).

Also, not everyone can afford to fly to California for camps.  There’s plenty of top talent in the top 6- 8 even.  BD doesn’t win because they have all the top talent.  They win because they have a long tenure design and instructional staff that knows how to win.  I would bet there is very little talent gap between any of the top 5 corps and I doubt that changes much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BWise said:

Definitely. BAC is chasing it down.  While not the hardest show ever done but they are executing. Winning two caps .. 
I could see the struggle tonight for the Devils. They won but the sub caps are tight .. and some disagree .. I think psychologically perf order has a slight effect. 
Who knows  .. Crown looking a lot better tonight above 93.. they ain’t outta of it yet … 

Yep.  I think BAC is ahead of everyone at performing their show to the max.  I’m not qualified to assess content so not sure how the should fit placement wise.  I assume the judges have it about right.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WildcatMello said:

Looking at the recaps....what is GE 1 and 2 that Rickart and Chumley were judging? 

Judges are seeing things differently.   Honestly crowns show is very different from others at the top. No “story”. No faux intellectual “depth”.  Just “let us entertain you” without climbing monkey bars and getting “vertical”.  Reading the sheets with an open mind, there is no reason such a show cannot work.  Convincing some judges of that is another story.  

also: still way too dirty visually for almost August (for whatever reason).   Drum book hurting scores (again).  Guard spectacular!  So wonderful to see. 

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

There’s like two people that maybe fit your description yet you define this behavior as “Crownies.”  Gee, I wonder why people get offended.

No. More that two people were saying it was performance order, or bias for BD. It was more than two people.