Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

2 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

Lol what else are we supposed to talk about, the weather???

Carolina Crown -- as Crown fans.

I think the forum lets you start new threads if you want to discuss Crown differently. Give it a try. Thx!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Ok - I just woke from a nap (still jet lagged). Why weren't Crown or BD scored?

weather. Although I was watching intently on the pancho wearers. None of them had put the hoods on indicating it was really coming down. I suppose it was a precautionary measure. Bummer for everyone. At least those that got to perform got some feedback.

• Like 1

Just now, squarepush said:

weather. Although I was watching intently on the pancho wearers. None of them had put the hoods on indicating it was really coming down. I suppose it was a precautionary measure. Bummer for everyone. At least those that got to perform got some feedback.

Why does DCI not skip the intermission when the weather is iffy? That's so dumb. Carolinians (didn't I do that right) didn't get to see their corps. Such a shame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Why does DCI not skip the intermission when the weather is iffy? That's so dumb. Carolinians (didn't I do that right) didn't get to see their corps. Such a shame.

intermissions are dumb in general unless there's like 40 corps performing

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, squarepush said:

As BAC fixing their electronics issue, it started drizzling.  The BAC *guy* was also talking to Decarlo pointing at the sky.  Then, while they were performing the drizzle started coming down a little harder and harder.  In the meantime, BD started pulling up in preparation, and then midway through BAC performance, BD disappeared.  The radar showed a heavy downpour coming with possible lightning.

Separately, regarding you're intermission comment, you are young aren't you?  lol  People need bathrooms but don't want to miss performances... 

Edited by ShortyRock
grammar
  • Like 2

Being at the show, the rain stopped not 2 minutes after they called it. It never rained again. And looking at the weather after the first delay, I could have told you to cut the intermission with rain possible at 11. Just a sucky end to a great competition. Didn’t get to hear Crown which was the main reason for going tonight for many people as it was their home show. Decisions made tonight were not the best, but the past is the past and we move on. Go Crown!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1