Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 minute ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

There is a reason there are three nights of competition. Just the first day. I expect a better run tomorrow now that the jitters are out. Does anyone know where to see the judges for finals?

I was wondering the same thing .. Karuna usually knows. 

Just now, BWise said:

I was wondering the same thing .. Karuna usually knows. 

I found a thread with the judging panels. Go figure it was that easy to find haha

On 8/9/2022 at 9:44 AM, BWise said:

Well .. if you take Allentown as one show, as intended, same judging panel, and DCI considers this a single regional .. there is a lot to indicate Crown is closer to 1 than 4 .. and the sub-cap scoring pretty clearly indicates the slotting was Crown #2 on ordinals. So you might could say it’s tight but “a bit out there” is a pretty strong statement. Is it more like ..  Crown is closing on BDs and Bloo is definitely closing on BAC? Said another way .. the dialogue completely flips if you look at last weekend.
But there were some rough runs Friday  night. Just realistically the numbers do not support a Crown 4th placement unless the bottom falls out .. which it could. . But .. those 4th place odds seem about the same as Crown beating Devils. There is a kinda an ignore Allentown mentality because certain corps underperformed but it’s the last set of scores we have so .. it’s a big factor. 

If we look at history. The ordinals generally do not move much this late in the season. But it’s been a weird season.  And some scores have been in retrograde. Idk .. SCV and Cadets both lost ground last night. 

Off to Indy we go …. 

Will be interesting to see if Crown continues in 4th. This panel was really Crown friendly, so I’m a little shocked that they are already in 4th. Maybe an off night. We’ll see in 48 hours.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MidWAmericanArts said:

Will be interesting to see if Crown continues in 4th. This panel was really Crown friendly, so I’m a little shocked that they are already in 4th. Maybe an off night. We’ll see in 48 hours.

Moss has been killing Crown in VP all year and  Fabrizio has had BD's brass ahead of Crown's all year too. We will see what happens. I thought the trouble spots were better but other stuff was shaky. Seemed weird. Maybe the lack of crowd involvement threw them off as the Allentown crowd was all in for the show.

19 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Moss has been killing Crown in VP all year and  Fabrizio has had BD's brass ahead of Crown's all year too. We will see what happens. I thought the trouble spots were better but other stuff was shaky. Seemed weird. Maybe the lack of crowd involvement threw them off as the Allentown crowd was all in for the show.

Not to be harsh .. but they just did not get it done tonight. Love the show .. but that show has to execute perfectly to be successful. 

Yep. Even on Flo, the crowd didn’t respond near as much as I had anticipated.

With BWise on scene to witness firsthand, well, that’s how it went down.

Lick our wounds, and get back in the ring in 24ish.

10 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Yep. Even on Flo, the crowd didn’t respond near as much as I had anticipated.

With BWise on scene to witness firsthand, well, that’s how it went down.

Lick our wounds, and get back in the ring in 24ish.

At LOS, the crowd was GREAT! Standing O for the ballad and from the Crown set to the end and long after. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

At LOS, the crowd was GREAT! Standing O for the ballad and from the Crown set to the end and long after. 

Just maybe by Saturday night, a standing O for each movement🤞

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

The beginning energy where Crown tries to get the crowd engaged pre show seemed a little flat though.  It’s so echoey in LOS , it’s hard for me to judge much of any show but the energy of the show seemed a little off.  I thought all of the top 5’s shows seemed a little off energy wise but Crown’s show depends on the energy.  Hopefully they’ll have that back tomorrow.

• Like 2

I watched at the theaters and wasn't very happy with the camera work...so many missed opportunities that coulda made the performance better for those in the theater. The camera didn't even show the high brass rotating in the fabric circle during the ballad. They did that perfectly for the Atlanta performance I saw. 

The performance felt a bit off to me. But again that might have been the camera work. They're close enough I can see them jumping Bloo...but I don't think anyone will jump them. Very happy for them. 

• Like 2