Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

5 minutes ago, BWise said:

Hmm was that Henri. So they’ve let him out of DCP jail for breaking community guidelines ? 

He served his time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BWise said:

Hmm was that Henri. So they’ve let him out of DCP jail for breaking community guidelines ? 

Some kind of prisoner exchange, for an obstreperous honk to be named at a future date.

Henry’s been a much more cordial fellow since his incarceration and apology tour.👌

Edited by nsxanax
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yeah they looked good. But frankly a lot of ppl looked good.  BC and SCV has put some polish of those shows.  

And they say Crownies can’t acknowledge outstanding performances by other corps.

Myth busted.

• Like 1

Those scores say we are in for a tight race in Indy

• Like 1

That's the brass score I have been waiting for! CrownGUARD is back too!

• Like 6

23 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Cautiously optimistic that we’re still in this thing.

Don’t care where the green shirts putt’em: the battery is off the hook this year.

Okay, for just this one evening, I’m going to enjoy my mad prognostication skills.

17 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Some kind of prisoner exchange, for an obstreperous honk to be named at a future date.

Henry’s been a much more cordial fellow since his incarceration and apology tour.👌

Not apology tour. Apology to a couple people, but thank you for acknowledging I have been more cordial.

Great scores for BAC and Crown tonight. Crown now within 1 point of BD. BAC within tenths. Crazy. I guess I was wrong - it ain't over yet. BAC could possibly catch BD.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Being first in GE2 isn't that far fetched since they won in brass and MA. Still pushing for a medal this year, which is a huge accomplishment since this show design "sucks".

Hope everyone stays healthy and the corps stays even healthier. Looking forward to NightBeat tomorrow assuming it doesn't rain

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

I can’t help but wonder, as I’m watching BD, how this season doesn’t impact recruiting for Crown in a negative way. Or the past several seasons for that matter. 

I don't know.  I'm not 20, and when I was, I was not near as talented as these guys are.  But it seems to me that all the top corps have something to offer.  Best show design or not, Crown's last two competitive seasons were highly regarded by the crowd, and that joy from performance means a lot to at least some talented folks.  Not everyone is solely motivated by a ring.  If everyone was, everyone tries out for BD and that's all.

And if anything, 2017 and 2018 would have been the shows that would effect recruiting, and they seem to have held their talent level, if not improved it (guard).

• Like 2