Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

CrownGuard is Back Baby 🙌🏾

• Like 5

Here is my gripe of the day. Crown does a more traditional DCI show in 2019 and people aren't huge fans of it. Crown goes balls to the wall and pushes boundaries in 2022 and some people really don't like it. Make up your minds about Crown shows! (obviously not talking about anyone in this thread)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Here is my gripe of the day. Crown does a more traditional DCI show in 2019 and people aren't huge fans of it. Crown goes balls to the wall and pushes boundaries in 2022 and some people really don't like it. Make up your minds about Crown shows! (obviously not talking about anyone in this thread)

Could not possibly agree more.

IMO, Relentless was perhaps one of Crown’s most traditional programs. Of course that was the year of DSU.

LOVED the Bloo in ‘16, but as Rondinaro observed, “It’s the best 3rd place show I’ve ever seen.” [remarking on Relentless].

TB19, you’re right: ###### if they do, ###### if they don’t…

Edited by nsxanax
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

The BD groupies turning out in masse to dismiss/diminish Crown in that thread shows you they know Crown is a threat - just my read on it

• Like 9

Rolling back through the scores .. understanding these are not H2H .. that was an impressive opening night. They get that program tight and clean. Who knows ? 

secretly i have high satisfaction that CrownGuard beat out BAC. It is evil I know .. but .. just so haughty .. and Crown can be even BETTER without the old visual staff. !

Edited by BWise
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Could not possibly agree more.

IMO, Relentless was perhaps one of Crown’s most traditional programs. Of course that was the year of DSU.

LOVED the Bloo in ‘16, but as Rondinaro observed, “It’s the best 3rd place show I’ve ever seen.” [remarking on Relentless].

TB19, you’re right: ###### if they do, ###### if they don’t…

Relentless could’ve won, still stand by that

• Like 4

Looking at that ending drill it reminds me of 12 and 13 with the rotating cube and pyramid vibe but with the prop rotating inside the form.

• Like 2

God, I love this show. It was so fun to watch. I do not think the voiceovers are effective and they are unnecessary, but my goodness - that hornline, that drill, and that guard. Truly so fun to see them tonight. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Looking at that ending drill it reminds me of 12 and 13 with the rotating cube and pyramid vibe but with the prop rotating inside the form.

Looked hard as crap to me while still pushing that brass book to the final note. Jeez .. they never let up for a second. 

• Like 5