Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

10 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Go big! Why not make it an 80Ā šŸ„°

Easily could be why not. ?? Naughty little devils might have some comp to wash rinseĀ repeat show.Ā 

Edited by BWise

Nice summary, keystone, thanks. I was wondering from the video I saw how much of the corps to crowd interaction would be real and how much was staged for the home town crowd at the event, but it looks like at least some of it will be there.Ā 

Reminds me of the opening of Rach Star. That was fun.Ā 

10 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Got to watch Crown's full ensemble last night @Ball State in Muncie. Ā Part 5 is on the field complete with the traditional CROWNĀ but of course, it needsĀ a lot of cleaning. Ā Staff even commented it was dirty but they loved the student'sĀ energy at the end of the show. Ā (It's fun & entertaining!) Ā 

Love the show & the book. Ā It is aĀ little different for Crown's style, but then again, it's not. Ā Does that make sense? Ā Overall, the segments at this time seem "disjointed"? Ā I'm sure they'll start working on the transitions to tie everything together.

The "jam" or "funk/dance" segment where theĀ horn line joins the guard using streamers is visually kind of cool from end zone to end zone. Ā Definitely an opportunity for the crowd (especially the students) toĀ interact with the corps. Ā Lookin forward to the energy tomorrow night with the Summer Symposium students. Ā 

"Benedictus"; oh my... The B section is amazing & I felt "Jesus". Ā šŸ˜šŸ˜‡Ā  I really want a restated developed A section after the first A section with the soloist. Ā ThereĀ is a soft pad sound between the A & B sections that they're probably going to enhance? Ā But again, "Benedictus". Ā They're still working on the sustained brass push to the end, but it's still amazing. Ā 

Also, I love the Paul Halley "Toccata" movement. Ā The front ensemble transition is so "Pat Metheny" - ish & reminds me of some old X-men from the 90s. Ā I'm ready for "Right Here, Right Now" tomorrow night under the lights. Ā "Friday Night Lights"?

That's all I've got. Ā I've got to figure out how to download my mobile ticket form the DCI ticket office. Ā I know how usingĀ Ticketmaster but this is the first time using the mobile method on this site. Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā 

Jim just did that with the Cincinnati show tickets from DCI. Ā  I guess there are no paper tickets at all. Ā Iā€™m fine with that. I havenā€™t had a paper boarding pass in years. Ā 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Nice summary, keystone, thanks. I was wondering from the video I saw how much of the corps to crowd interaction would be real and how much was staged for the home town crowd at the event, but it looks like at least some of it will be there.Ā 

Reminds me of the opening of Rach Star. That was fun.Ā 

Yes,Ā similar to Rach Star. They ran their "pre-show" which hasĀ a lot of interaction & they also have a snippet of Carolina in my Mind which is cool. Ā Then you have the segment in the middle which the students will love. Ā They also worked on getting off the field last night. Ā That's the first chance they've had after finishing part 5. Ā  Ā 

I forgot to mention that their feet (a few members) are all over the place in the odd meter "Toccata", but that's to be expected. Ā (Not easy to march even for the most talented.) Ā They'll get it cleaned up. Ā Also, Hannum's battery book is amazing. Ā Some really cool featuresĀ throughout the production for the battery. Ā  Ā Ā 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim just did that with the Cincinnati show tickets from DCI. Ā  I guess there are no paper tickets at all. Ā Iā€™m fine with that. I havenā€™t had a paper boarding pass in years. Ā 

In the past, I've always printed the DCI office tickets. Ā I'm sure it's not hard but I remember receiving the ticket email. Ā It's saved in my ticket category in gmail; just gotta go do itĀ this morning. Ā Will see if it will download to theĀ iPhoneĀ wallet...Ā šŸ§

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

In the past, I've always printed the DCI office tickets. Ā I'm sure it's not hard but I remember receiving the ticket email. Ā It's saved in my ticket category in gmail; just gotta go do itĀ this morning. Ā Will see if it will download to theĀ iPhoneĀ wallet...Ā šŸ§

I would ask Jim for you but he shut the office doors. Ā That means heā€™s on a zoom call.

• Like 1

Mobile tickets: I got tix for ATL, but they were in my phone browser for ages. I didn't know how to transfer them to The Wife (not sure I want to sit in the hot July sun for hours). I texted her the URL and when I did, the tix refreshed and there was a button to add them to my Apple wallet which I did.

Hope this helps a little.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I would ask Jim for you but he shut the office doors. Ā That means heā€™s on a zoom call.

Ā 

46 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Mobile tickets: I got tix for ATL, but they were in my phone browser for ages. I didn't know how to transfer them to The Wife (not sure I want to sit in the hot July sun for hours). I texted her the URL and when I did, the tix refreshed and there was a button to add them to my Apple wallet which I did.

Hope this helps a little.Ā 

Long story long: my Muncie ticket email is stored deep in my gmail account which was ordered back in the winter? So it doesn't show up in on my gmail on my phone. Ā I try to login my ticket account on my phone but it it shows user name & password do not match. Ā 

My solution was to forward my ticket email to myself so I could access it on my phone gmail. Ā Was able to select my mobile tickets & add to my apple wallet. Ā Pretty simple & similar to Ticketmaster, but I don't understand why I can't log in my DCI account on my phone when everything is correct. Ā 

For the topic purposes, I can see Crown at MuncieĀ tomorrow night -- Thanks guys! Ā 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Ā 

Long story long: my Muncie ticket email is stored deep in my gmail account which was ordered back in the winter? So it doesn't show up in on my gmail on my phone. Ā I try to login my ticket account on my phone but it it shows user name & password do not match. Ā 

My solution was to forward my ticket email to myself so I could access it on my phone gmail. Ā Was able to select my mobile tickets & add to my apple wallet. Ā Pretty simple & similar to Ticketmaster, but I don't understand why I can't log in my DCI account on my phone when everything is correct. Ā 

For the topic purposes, I can see Crown at MuncieĀ tomorrow night -- Thanks guys! Ā 

Iā€™m so tired of watching drum corps on tv. Ā Iā€™m looking fwd to 8/8. Ā Hopefully, we get there. šŸ¤ž

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Iā€™m so tired of watching drum corps on tv. Ā Iā€™m looking fwd to 8/8. Ā Hopefully, we get there. šŸ¤ž

Of course, it's so much better in person from the videos. We'll see the "pressure check" this weekend for the airlines thru the July 4th holiday. Ā āœˆļø