Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 minute ago, BWise said:

Looked hard as crap to me while still pushing that brass book to the final note. Jeez .. they never let up for a second. 

It sure did! Full throttle 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BWise said:

Looked hard as crap to me while still pushing that brass book to the final note. Jeez .. they never let up for a second. 

Yeah it did look hard. I was praying too. It look crazy. I believe they'll get it clean. Everyone says that the visual will still be their weakness but Idk. I hope they they can clean and the judges reward them. It is DCI- Marching Music Major League right? where they tend to not reward marching. Anyway I'll leave it at that. Crown is going to have a wonderful season. I know that I'll be blasting their show majority of the time in my car heading to work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Relentless could’ve won, still stand by that

absolutely, it was lost by decision making down the stretch IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

The BD groupies turning out in masse to dismiss/diminish Crown in that thread shows you they know Crown is a threat - just my read on it

Yep -- I agree. The discussion was interesting to say the least. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Yep -- I agree. The discussion was interesting to say the least. 

Human nature is always interesting to observe lol 

• Like 2

Last post of the night for me, but I am very pleased with how the guard uniforms look from the box. I was worried they would blend into the field but they stand out quite well from the field and also from the corps uniforms as well. I know that was an issue in previous years

• Like 7

That show is crazyyyy good. 

Crown is HUNGRYYYY

• Like 4

Interesting hot take of the night after reviewing scores.  J. Howell was the visual analysis judge in Detroit and Muncie and scored Crown over Bloo (14.7 vs 14.2).  No clue who will judge this caption tomorrow, but IMHO it is possible for Crown to take Visual Analysis, Guard, Brass, Music, Percussion, and both GE captions.  Do not be surprised if this happens.  I do however expect Bloo to beat us in Visual Proficiency as they look cleaner than Crown at the moment in time.  My guess is Crown will be at least .5 if not more over Bloo tomorrow.  I think Bloo show is very strong but Brass/Music/Percussion is Crown by a healthy margin and I think our Guard is better also.  Tomorrow should be interesting.  We also have Cadets going against BAC and BD vs SCV rematch. I think SCV will have their closer out and will close the gap with BD to a similar margin with Crown over Bloo.  Expect real trouble tomorrow night on this thread when scores are released 😎, as I believe Crown will kick aZZ on Saturday.  Good Night everyone!

Edited by B-Flat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Thank you guys for giving us a show with unapologetic BALLS.

Your show kept me engaged from the first utterance til the last chord.Right here, Right now, is going to be memorable in drum corps lore, IMHO...Good luck for the rest of the season...peace

• Like 7